Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. I can't believe I don't know how to do this but how do I get the antenna out of a '68 Mustang. I can't find the nut from inside the car and I don't see any other way to access this area(apart from pulling the fender). Also, has anyone put a power antenna in and how did it work out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
There should be a retaining nut at the base of your antenna. There is a locking device that that rotates in the hole and locks to the underside of the fender. Rotate it until it clears the hole. Some later Fords had a chrome plate that clipped on top of the base and when it's popped off there are 4 retaining screws.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. One more question. If I was going to put a power antenna in, don't i have to install it from the bottom and if so, how do I get to that part of the fender? I couldn't see a way in there.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ive looked into this too, and form what i see, the best way to do it is to pull the fender
, I know that doesnt help much but I think it will save you time.
catch you later,

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will have to pull the fender unless you are a contorsionist with tiny arms and can find a way to remove the rear splash guard. Pulling it isn't too bad. There are the obvious bolts under the hood line, one accesible with the passenger door open, you need to remove the front bumber and headlight but can leave the headlight bucket in place. There are a few bolts that need to be removed from the front valance and stone guard assemlies and get the wiring out of the fender oh.. and there are a couple/few bolts attaching the bottom of the fender to the car. carefully lift the fender off and put it in a safe place. Now the antenna is easy to get at. good luck...Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts