Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my tranny swaped in my 69 mustang (T-5), but I have not idea which flywheel was installed during the exchange. I read the article in this website, and it says that if you install a newer 50 oz flywheel, that your engine will vibrate to death. Just how hard is this vibration? I have driven my mustang ever since, and it seems fine, but my mechanic does not remember which flywheel he installed, and I do not want to take down the tranny to check. Any way to quick check you guys?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
If all seems fine you don't have a problem.Believe me ,if you had the 50oz flywheel you'd know.They pretty much shake the whole car at anything above an idle..
A friend of mine learnt this the hard way.He started off with a flywheel with no weight,got another one but even after i warned him he got the 50oz.As they say 3rd time lucky.He got the 50oz rebalanced to 28oz and all was sweet..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.