Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to a car show today and saw a nova with a 350, from what i saw it had dart heads,and a tunnel ram with 2 speed demon carbs,i asked him how much horsepower he was running and he said 600 hp, i really dont believe this, but can it be since he has a tunnel ram?, do they perform that well? the motor was not stroked.
what do you think

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
NASCAR engines make over 750hp with roughly the same size engine. So, it IS possible, but I'd say VERY unlikely.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
T-rams really do work well & add power, you just have to set the car up to use it. A guy here bought a Hendrick engine & only went mid 11's with 750 HP. Got a different bunpstick, low, LOW 9's. Put on a T-ram & the 355 is solid in the 8's on the engine. Costs a ton. I used one on a stock 429SCJ & picked op .2 & 10 mph but it was a cop magnet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
it is possible like motorhead said nascar runs 750hp on naturally aspirated motors with no tunnel rams, and i also have a buddy that has a 68 cougar that has a 351c that is pushing 550hp without a tunnel ram or nos. it just has one 1195 demon on it. so its possible

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
They will work, but like was posted earlier, the rest of the combo has to be matched to the TR. Our old 306 was identical to a buddy's engine, except he had a TR and 2 450 holleys, and ours was a vic jr and 830 HP. Ours ran 9.0's (1000') and his runs 8.90's. Not much difference there, but tuning a TR is a major PITA, because there are twice as many parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts