Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so... how do you?
i personally do not see myself as "succesful" i think i could be much farther along... on the whole "succesful" scale than i am... and the way my life seems to be going right now... i dont think i'll ever be where i wish to be..

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
People never say that a person could spend a million dollars in a lifetime.
To that I say...........Try me.....

I don't consider myself successful. No matter how much money I make, I am able to spend, (or find things to spend it on), twice as much as I make.

I guess I'm fairly happily married, got 2 great kids, the house is OK, (need a bigger friggin' garage, tho
), but all in all, I WANT MORE MONEY.........

I'd love to go racing LOTS more, and money is the killer.............

·
Registered
170 Posts
Careful what you wish for grass is always greener until you get there, people around here would say I am successful, but I'm far from rich. I will retire nicely and put 10% away yearly for it. No matter how much you make you should do that. I'm what people call "a suit" I have 2 voicemails and an email I have to check daily. 7 days a week. Can't leave the house without my cell phone. I have 12 supervisors and 300 employee's I am responsible for and it seems like the job never ends. Tommorrow, mother's day, I will be working for a couple hours. Monday I will be on a plane at 6AM and will get home at 6PM. Every holiday except Xmas and Turkey day I have to check on things. When on vacation I still have to check voicemail. I'm starting to wonder if it is worth it. I used to play golf everyday in the summer, last year I played 3 times. I do have a nice garage though

·
Registered
696 Posts
Before you can think about whether or not you are successful, you have to define exactly what it is that you want out of life. Easy to say, hard to do. Also, goals change over time, and your measurement of success will change, too. What was important at one stage of your life can become irrelevant.

Money won't buy happiness, but it can sure make your misery more tolerable! It won't buy you friends either, but it does give you a better class of enemies.

Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

When I am teaching aikido, and someone is having difficulty grasping a movement, I tell them to ask themselves three questions:

1. Where am I now?
2. Where do I want to be?
3. What do I have to do to get there?

A metaphor for life, really. Figure out what it is you want, and go for it!

If your basic physical needs are met, and you are doing things you enjoy (preferably as a job, but at least as a hobby), and you are satisfied with your relationships, you could be considered successful.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
"Success to me is an old man sitting on his porch holding his wife's handwatching his grandbabies play in his yard." -Jack Nance

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Not sure I can define it ... But for me having a grip on a few things like this will take you a long long way.

Read on:

Andy Rooney's Thoughts on Life

I've learned.... Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end,
the faster it goes.

I've learned.... The best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.

I've learned.... When you're in love, it shows.

I've learned.... Just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" Makes my day.

I've learned.... Having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I've learned.... Being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned.... You should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned.... I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.

I've learned.... No matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned.... Sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

I've learned.... Simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned.... We should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned.... Money doesn't buy class.

I've learned.... It’s those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned.... Under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned.... Even the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?

I've learned.... To ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I've learned.... Love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned.... The easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned.... Everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

I've learned.... Opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned.... When you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned.... One should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned.... A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned.... I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

I've learned.... When you’re newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, you're hooked for life.

I've learned.... Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned.... The less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Have a great wife and kid, a job I enjoy going too, enough toys and hobbies to keep me more than busy. Yeah I consider myself succesful. Theres more to life than money.

·
Registered
104 Posts
By normal standards (and mine at times) i'm a miserable failure .

But i have some cool stuff

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm with gttorinofan,

Great Wife, great Job (40 hours a week), way to many toys and hobbies than I have time for, like where I live (ok, could use a bigger garage).

I'd say I'm succesful at keeping myself happy at least
, seems that's what's important.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts