Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,forgot what you had to do and key in to post a pic with your sig?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You use the same format that you use when adding an image to a new post, except you put it in your signature section of your profile. Just put (img)http://www.image.com/myimage.jpg(/img), except replace the () with [] on the img tags.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Motorhead on 9/6/06 11:50pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Motorhead on 9/6/06 11:51pm ]</font>

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hey, I'm glad someone brought this up. I have been wanting to change my sig pic for a while now. Thanks!

Greg

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Not sure I am doing it correctly. It come out as below.... what do I need to do to fix it???

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
PS: I love that Torino. I had a factory green 71 Torino 500 coupe for 12 years before the frame was no good from being tourqued. I had a 351 W with over 450 pounds tourque. Daily drivin to work, every morning pulling onto the highway was a 1/4 mile run to to 110 MPH. A great way to get the day going, but after 3000 such wakeup calls at 6:00 am in the morning, the frame was finally done. I miss my Torino.....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Thanks, Mike!

The car has been reinforced with 2x3 box tubing thru the floor, so it doesn't twist like it used to.

It does tote the wheels good, tho!

For your pic, you need to have the [/img] at the end of your picture link.

Don't exceed the 255 character limit in the signature, or it'll chop off the end of your link...

Greg

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Greg is right, if you look at your link, it looks like you have everything right except you're missing the [/img] at the end, just add that to the end and it should work. If you add it and it's still getting chopped off/not working, then your signature might be too long, try removing a word or two from it.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Great, I'll give it a whirl....

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Second try....

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Greg, I will also say about the Torino... It was the best car in the corners I have ever drivin. Not sure how it is with a big block in it, but the Windsor I had, was 45 / 55 weight differential, and I would take S turns at off ramps at 85 MPH PLUS....that even todays technology cars could not do... most of the folks I worked with, could not follow my torino through the corners and eneded up in the Median

The Torino was designed as an oval track racer afterall.... could not convince the guys at work about that though....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Good looking stang, Mike.

Not sure how the weight distribution is on my car, but after I put a 6 leaf rear spring setup on it and installed a sway bar off of a '71 Torino wagon, the car really woke up.

The manual steering helps with road feel and grip feedback as well.

Most of the engine is aluminum. I am still using the 351C front springs, and the front settled less than an inch after the swap. That includes going from a C4 to a C6.

As far as handling goes, my BMW will just blow the torino off the map. It weighs 4200 lbs, too!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys,what do I need to do here to get my sig to work?
Look at what I have here!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You need to add directly before the [url="http://...."]http://....[/url] and add the same except with a / before the img to the very end right after the .jpg.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Motorhead on 9/8/06 7:52am ]</font>

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

65' STANG, 3160 lbs

393W NA, 2.78 Toploader 4 Spd, 9" 3:70 Posi
Pro Comp Heads, Vic Jr. Intake, 750dp, 236/561 Solid Cam, 9.6CR, 1 3/4" Headers, Lakewood, Subframes, Caltracs

It is a good working link.

Example:

(img]http://members.cox.net/ran347nosgt/kids%20pics%20034.jpg(/img]

So, change the 2 instances of "(" in my example above to [

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dennis111 on 9/8/06 7:56am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dennis111 on 9/8/06 7:57am ]</font>

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dennis your the #####!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ran347nosgt on 9/8/06 8:06am ]</font>

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dennis,got it!THANKS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ran347nosgt on 9/8/06 8:27am ]</font>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts