Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks...

I'm feeling like a little bit of a dummy here, but how do you remove (the right way?) the side trim on the Fairlanes? ... Mine's a 67... I have just a touch of work to do on them, just wondering how they come off? I actually have an upper and a lower trim.
<br>

<br>
thanks in advance...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Some of them you can get to the nut from the back side of the door. They are the clips themselves are kinda oval shaped with a wire spring attached to them. You can get a plastic tool that will allow you to get behind the trim and compress spring while twisting the oval plate. this allows you to slide the trim off.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
On 62-64's the end clips are bolted, u can get behind the fender, door panels to get em off, do you have a factory manual? It shows every clip, how it mounts & a part #.
Anyway once i got the end clips unbolted, i could actually slide the long side trim off the rest of the body clips, pretty cool.
Also, most of the side clips, u will see 2 little tabs near their center, spread those apart, & it relaxs the tabs under the trims edge, allowing them, to fall off, to install, squeeze thoise little tabs together, tigthening the clip to the trim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts