Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up everyone, I was just curious as to how well your cars take curves and what mods you all have done to your suspension to improve handling, from springs, control arms, shocke, wheels, etc. Pictures would be a big help.
Kenny

·
Registered
122 Posts
For best handling these are the things to do:
0. Rebuild front end - lots of moving parts that wear. all need to be in good shape for best results. Needed for safety
1. Good tires - They are where the grip is. $50 tires wont do it, nor will 6.95x14 stockers. Lots of tires work - I use 225-60xzr15 on 7" rims.
2. good shocks - KYB or Grabriel Striders are both good and inexpensive and easy to get. Koni are the best and the most expensive.
3. Monte Carlo Bar and Export Brace - get both. Stiffens up the front end a lot
4. 1" front sway bar & 3/4" rear sway bar. You can start with the front and do the rear later.
5. Subframe connectors stiffen the chassis
6. Relocate the front A-arms downward 1". The famous Shelby mod. Changes the camber curve for better tire print in turns. Lowers the car 0.5" - 1"
7. Stiffer springs. Mostly in front. Only do rears if serious handling improvements are needed.

Do the above in roughly this order for the best results.
There is also an article in the new Hot Rod where Currie built a 65 for the Pan American Road Race. Interesting what he did.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My car has stock suspension and wobbly steering, so it handles pretty badly.
Working on it!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot, i think ill settle for these until i can afford the total control suspension.
Kenny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts