Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With supreme gas now down to 91 octane, at least here in california, what kind of limitations are placed on compression ratios. Someone told me that their streetable engine had 10.5 - 1 static compression. I was a litlle sceptical, but I'd like to hear some other opinions.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
From my understanding, aluminum heads can give you room to add a full point of compression, sometimes more. My 331 will have about 10.5 with iron heads. I'll let you know how it does if I ever get it back and installed!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Aviation fuel isn't good for an automobile engine, this has been hashed out before. As for compression, a really good tune & a slightly rich carb will help. My stock 429 SCJ has an 850 DP & runs all day on 93... runs low 13's too.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
On 2002-04-25 04:31, qtrmiler wrote:
Aviation fuel isn't good for an automobile engine, this has been hashed out before. As for compression, a really good tune & a slightly rich carb will help. My stock 429 SCJ has an 850 DP & runs all day on 93... runs low 13's too.
Not doubting you, but I remember talking about it, and asking on here and lots of folks told me to go for it! I did...no affects as of yet. I do not run it all the time. Send me the link where it was hashed out, I want to Catch up

Jeff Given

1 - 5 of 5 Posts