Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just wondering how long it took your kids to walk and crawl. my boy is 4 months old now and he isn't crawling yet. all he does is he can stand if you hold his arm.

i wonder whats the worlds fastest baby to walk.

i just thought i'd ask cuz i'm curious.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Both of my daughters were walking by the age of one. Our daycare lady's son was walking between 7 and 8 months!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Both of ours (boy and girl) were walking right around 1 year old. As far as crawling, I can't remeber....

You spend the first year trying to get 'em to walk, and the next trying to keep 'em out of everything!!!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2005-01-02 08:29, 673904spd wrote:
Both of ours (boy and girl) were walking right around 1 year old. As far as crawling, I can't remeber....

You spend the first year trying to get 'em to walk, and the next trying to keep 'em out of everything!!!
NO KIDDING!
Then you try to get them to talk just to tell them "BE QUIET!"

1973 Gran Torino Sport (sold)

2004 Merc. Marauder

2004 Screamin' Yellow Cobra

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wildosvt01 on 1/2/05 10:07pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
The boy actually ran before he walked....at about 10 months he took off from the couch and ran right into the dining room table. Left a hell of a bump on his head, but didn't stop him.

The girl walked at about 11 months and preferred crawling for a while. She unfortunately went down the basement stairs at 9 months in her walker and knocked her front baby teeth back. Took her to the urgent care and checked her out. We got lucky since she only had bruises, but the walker went in the trash. We later heard we weren't alone and walkers had caused many injuries just like we experienced and worse. All it takes is a second of inattention.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
Our son was walking by the time he was 9 months. Not sure on the crawling but I don't think they really crawl for that long before they give that stuff up for the speedier walking and the "i can reach this if I walk" mode.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm trying to get my little one to start crawling but all he does when i put him on his stomach is just looks up at me and basically gives me the look and says "what the hell dad get me up". well, he does keeps kicking his legs. i tried to him to keep his body up by position his arms the way he needs to and fold his legs in. but he will just slop right back down.

the thing i can do with him though if lean him over the couch and he'll stand up until he gets tired. sometimes i think he's going to be one of those babies who skips crawling and just walks. maybe thats one of them. as in right now, he has no balance to stand up by himself. he still needs mommy and daddy to hold at least one of his hands.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
When he wants to bad enough he'll get to moving. I used to torture my son by putting a toy 5 inches in front of him that he couldnt' reach.
Before he was crawling or walking he would be in his walker and make it to this one shelf I had and screech and scream wanting to reach the things higher up that he couldn't get to. It was funny to watch but boy that screeching got to the ears after a while if he kept it up. No need to rush them though, they will get up and go when they are ready. Then look out, they'll be into everything to start with!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Don't worry about it Xolie, he'll be just fine. All of our kids (3 boys, 1 girl) were walking within one year. BUT, it was our experience that they don't necessarily have to walk in order for them to scare the hell out of ya. As soon as our middle son got really good at "cruisin'" the furniture he discovered he could <U>climb</U>! I distinctly recall the afternoon I rounded the door from the kitchen to the family room to find him (about 10 months old) standing on top[u/] of the fireplace insert and had a hand searching the mantle above for something he'd seen. As long as they can hold on to something, they're good to go!!
Best of luck, and God bless.

Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts