Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many 68/69 Fairlane/Torinos are still drivivng around. I have only seen maybe 3 or 4 different ones in the past year.

And this guy I talked to at the gas station said he doesn't see very much either.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Still got mine! Theres a big show in St. Ignace, MI every year. Saw a lot of formal roof Torinos and Fairlanes. There was only 1 fastback Torino. No fastback Fairlanes. There was a 69 Torino Talladega up here last summer but I missed that show.

SOME MISTAKES ARE TOO MUCH FUN TO ONLY MAKE ONCE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gttorinofan on 3/9/02 12:34am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have the only Fairlane Fastback in town,(plus my parts car but thats just an ornament now) and only 3 68. Mine, a Blue formal roof Cobra, and a green formal roof Fairlane. No 68/69 Torino's but there is 4 70-73 Torino's around. There is also a 69 Cyclone Fastback, but he lives next town over about 20 miles or so. We cruized together a few times last year, but he took it off the road late August for some reason and wont drive it this year, not even going to work on it.

Rick

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's intersting. Mine is the only formal roof I have seen. There is a green Fairlane fastback, a red Torino fastback, and a primered Rachero, those are the only ones I have seen.

I did see a yellow 70 Torino, and a green 70 Torino though. There's not many muscle cars here, period. It's mostly trucks here, and of couse the imports buzzing around, that's it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, I do remember seeing a rusted/primered 68 Fairlane Fastback for sale parked down the street.

I saw it everyday for 3 weeks straight, how did I forget that? lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
I haven't seen any here in the Philippines. Asked around fellow hobbyist and they don't know of 68-69 Fastback Torinos other than mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rick, no digital cam yet. Anyway, the car is still a project. Might be "partially" finished in 2-3 months time. I'll take pix by then and send them to you. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
So far around here I have seen a white 70 coupe, and I've seen a red 70 cobra driving around. I drive my 71 like 50 miles a day or so, its my only mode of transport. On a road trip I went on a while ago up through canada and such, over about 2 weeks I only saw one other torino, they are definately gettin scarce.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Brian, you cruize Canada much, where about abouts. If your ever in my neck of the world, we should go for coffee or something. Let me know either way. Thanx

Rick

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Actually I don't really go to canada too often, its a bit far away. Last time I went there, I went through vancouver, calgary, and banff, headed back into the states around montana (somewhere around there). Next time I'm goin that way, I'll drop you a line.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I still drive mine too and love it theres only two others around here and thats a 68torino fastback and a 69 torino fastback or sportsroof as they are called too.

·
Registered
809 Posts
There are only a dozen or so in the Norfolk/VA Beach/Newport News area . Know of another fastback Cobra like mine, and two Cobra hardtops. All four are red. I have a freind with two '69 Torino GT convertables, both are 351 automatics. Recently sold a '69 Fairlane 500 hardtop that is optioned with the 428SCJ Drag Pack, 4 speed, and 3.91 gears to a freind, it is being restored.
Know of 5-6 more '68-'69s. At least one has the 390, the rest are 289/302s.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know of a wrecker in the Peace River area (Alberta Can.)that is bragging he has 3 68/9 Torino/Fairlanes and one of them is an engineless Q code car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Checking on the rumours now, may take a day or two, as soon as I get the name of the place I'll report, in the mean time I know that he has a large yard and is into clasics if you know anybody in Peace River they should know of the wrecking yard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Some times these things don't take as long as you think Hilltop Auto Wreckers just outside of Peace River Ab..Also the same guy who told me about these cars is selling a 69 Cyclone "R" code body for 2500.00 Can. and a 70 Torino 351 fastback rust free shell(Utah car) for 2500 also . Let the games begin!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run the Fairlane Torino Registry for 1968-1969. I can say there is at least 2000 of these cars still running around.

On 2002-03-08 12:23, rod n az wrote:
I was just wondering how many 68/69 Fairlane/Torinos are still drivivng around. I have only seen maybe 3 or 4 different ones in the past year.

And this guy I talked to at the gas station said he doesn't see very much either.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have two Fairlanes- I have a regular '68 2dr hard top(thats for sale) and i think its the 2nd one in my town.. then i have a '69 Fairlane 500 Fastback that i am trying to build, its the 3rd one in town. Just had to add my two cents..

Jace

·
Registered
1 Posts
I HAVE SEVERAL SITTING IN THE GARAGE, A 68 FASTBACK 302 4SPEED CAR RED, MY DRIVER, A 68 GT 390 AUTO (UNFORTUNATLY A PARTS CAR) BUT A GOOD ONE, A 68 GT RANCHERO 302 AUTO UNDER RESTORATION AND A 68 4DR 6CYL VERY CLEAN PARTS CAR MURDERED IN THE REAR. I SEE A RED 68 FORMAL TOP AT THE LOCAL SHOW HERE ONCE IN AWHILE BUT IT'S A DAILY DRIVER.
NASCAR TORE A LOT OF THESE CARS UP IN THERE PRIME AND THE REMAINING ONES STRUGGLE TO SURVIVE FROM COWL CANCER.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts