Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I own a Geo Tracker and a Geo Prizm. They are beaters for my 18 and 19 year old daughters to drive. When I am shopping under $1000, I don't look at country of origin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tim1859 on 6/9/05 8:43pm ]</font>

·
Registered
840 Posts
My '90 Crown Vic is made in Canada. Just last week while at the boneyard I found a Marquis that was the same color so I scored a fender, now the car is all one color. I also installed a windshield and fixed the passenger window that was stuck by banging on the door and holding the switch in the down position. Plus I installed a 140 speedo. Next is the k-code posi rear end.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was wondering where my new Mazda 3 would fall in this discussion. It is the furthest I have ever strayed from ford. At least it is still 51% ford....

·
Registered
21 Posts
It all depends on the situation

My Merc and Lincoln are foreign to NZ, as is the british Morris Minor. I guess that the Holden is NZ assembled, but is usually considered to be an Australian car. Really, there is not much scope to own a "native" New Zealand car. The only ones I can think of that even exist are a few kit-type sports cars and an old nasty thing that used Skoda mechanicals.

Trev.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
On 2005-06-10 05:22, tonys10sec306 wrote:
All ford here
2nd that, even my lawn tractor is a Ford. Going to have atough time with this though. Do not want a New Holland, I want a Ford. I can see rebuilding it for many years.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
now i think for the most part with world standards and general global competition everything is just left to your opinion.

Viper or GT
Tacoma or 2500
Beetle or Civic
etc...

granted there are problems with everything and some people are pronne to more problems then others but it is all up to personal taste.

any comemts?

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
On 2005-06-09 21:47, 65460 wrote:
On 2005-06-09 21:20, fxcomet wrote:
Triumphs? Did they actually run often enough to qualify as "real" cars???
None of them ever left me stranded, unlike 3 of the 7 Dodges I have owned.
Touche!!! Didn't mean to rag on yer TR6's. I've always liked the little buggers. It's the lucas electrics that gave me nightmares.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Touche!!! Didn't mean to rag on yer TR6's. I've always liked the little buggers. It's the lucas electrics that gave me nightmares.
Hey, why do the British always drink warm beer???

Because Lucas makes their refrigerators!!!

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Funny stuff on the electrical smoke.
Glad I didn't hurt yer feelings. Kinda thought you weren't the stuffy English type, anyway.
Had a buddy who bought an XKE coupe back about the same time I built my cobra replica. I had mine torn down, rebuilt, and running while he was still scratching his head and arse over the gauges. Sad thing was, the oil pressure gauge really WAS reading low....Guess you know the rest.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I drove a $300 Honda Prelude 1.8l dual carb 5 speed beater for a few months. It had a little pep to it, but after the exhaust broke it was more fart than anything else. Powershifts at 8 grand without the clutch sure were fun though!!
Only did that a handful of times though, I got scared I'd break it when I ground it real bad one time, so I proceeded to do those 8 grand powershifts with the clutch, until that got burnt and started slipping.

By that time I found a suitable semi-American replacement beater, an '86 Olds Calaise Supreme 2.5l 4 banger with a 5 speed. That was actually a nice car, aside from the clutch cylidners leaking to the point as where I'd have to bleed it all the time adn cocasionally would have no clutch (drove it the first week without the clutch). I could never find replacement clutch cylinders. I was gonna keep it as a winter beater (despite having to pour gas down teh throttle body when it was below freezing... never had to do that with any of my carbs, grr...) but a buddy on mine got into an accident and was begging for me to give him the car so I gave it to him for $100, he promptly totaled it.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have blue blood, but I am loyal to the company I work for (JEEP) DaimlarChrysler.

At present...

2005 Dakota > Mich.
2004 Pacifica > Canada
1989 Mustang > Mich.

Have never...and I NEVER will buy anything, but a Chrysler or Ford product .

21 - 40 of 45 Posts