Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to sell my Torq thrust II's, they are 17x8 with 4.75 backspace with tires, Nitto 555s 80% left in back, goodyear gatorbacks ~25% left up front. The wheels are in good shape, no curb rash, but some nicks and usual wear.

I plan to sell them locally, but I don't know what I should ask for them. One guy has offered my $550 but I think that is kind of low.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think it's low too...I saw your craigslist ad (man I love that place). I sold a set of no name 4wd rims with crud tires on them...they were 18x10 yes, but the whole deal sold for 600$. I would think the market for yours is a bit better than that. Mine were lifted Chevy 4wd only. I wouldn't settle for less than 600$, while I think even 700$ is a fair price.

Cris

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool man, maybe I'll put them on ebay, but I sure as hell don't want to ship them.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can ship them if absolutely necessary, meaning that I can't find a buyer locally. Honestly, shipping stuff has become a major pain in the ass as of late. I don't want to box them or try to find boxes first off. I have been told all I need to do is tape 2 wheels up together and ship them that way. O.K. until I get to U.P.S and they hassle me which they have done many times. I've gotten screwed on shipping prices many times because the calculators are not always what I end up paying, so more money has to come out of my pocket to pay for shipping. On top of that, I have to drive way the hell out of my way to drop them off, then wait in line behind a bunch of people, and it's a complete hassle that I would rather just not deal with. If I can find a buyer locally, which shouldn't be very hard, they come pick them up and that's it, simple. If I can not find a buyer locally then I will ship them since I really have no other choice.

·
Registered
279 Posts
add at least 25% to the shipping quote, to cover tape, etc, and this will cover the shock u get at ups....also, if you overquote the shipping, u can either ship the difference back to them, or keep it for your trouble, i.e. fuel to get to the ups terminal, fuel for searchin for boxes, etc. just my .02

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
On 2007-01-08 21:29, RPM wrote:
why don't you want to ship them? buyer pays shipping/handling. you set that price.
Sure buyer pay's shipping and all that jazz...

Ever try to charge a guy $10 bucks per rim to wrap them bastards so the post office don't break or bend them?

Try packaging up a Pachinko Machine...

It's not fun getting these things protected sometimes....

Occasionally your best bet is to have them picked up locally that way you don't get bitched at when they arrive at the customers place broken or damaged by the USPS or the UPS people, even postal workers hate handling heavy stuff and often are more aggressive with those packages.......

FE

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I sold a set of them on Ebay with treads that had 80% + tread for about $800 on ebay 2 years ago. Piece of cake to ship. Just wrap some cardboard around each wheel and some tape. Ship via Fedex ground- cheaper then UPS. Kinko's is also a Fedex shipping station where you can drop them off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fakesnake on 1/16/07 11:12am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
On 2007-01-10 04:08, sevenlitrestang wrote:
add at least 25% to the shipping quote, to cover tape, etc, and this will cover the shock u get at ups....also, if you overquote the shipping, u can either ship the difference back to them, or keep it for your trouble, i.e. fuel to get to the ups terminal, fuel for searchin for boxes, etc. just my .02
I don't add nearly that much but I add a small percentage to my eBay shipping charges for the reasons above. Boxes often have to be bought for bigger items, I go through tape and packing material like water because I want the item to arrive in the same condition it was in when I left it at the shipper. Sometimes I make an extra 4-5 dollars, sometimes I still lose a buck or 3..

Btw, UPS SUCKS and I recommend that no one use them. They "lost" a pair of 460 swap headers that I sold to a friend in Oregon somewhere in Indiana. This was back in July and I've yet to collect the $100 'free' insurance that the Big Brown Turd gives everyone. I'm going to end up paying my friend the full amount out of my pocket...luckily he's a nice patient guy and I ain't happy.....
If possible, I prefer the Post Office over anyone.

Jan...needing to vent

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Oh yeah, tires. I really got off-topic. I bought 4 new skins for my Lincoln from a retailer on eBay who was way cheaper than Tire Rack for the same ones. I wasn't home when they arrived but they were just taped well together by the pair. No cardboard, no packaging at all. I'm not sure who allowed them to be shipped that way though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts