Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this idea from the "pros and cons of buying a project car or finished car."

I have roughly 12k in mine. Including the stereo system. The thing I can't figure out is, how do these guys that have bad ass rides, and only have a few grand into it, do it?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bought car or 4500.
Cheap paint 200.
Redid interior 600.
Rebuilt engne and trans 3000.
Rims and tires 700.
We got about 9000 give or take odds and ends like carbs bought and lil stuff like that. Still tons more to do.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Oh Rodney, I really was trying to forget how much I had in the Falcon!

The 65 Falcon has around $17,500 with all the parts that I have for it already,I guess it will end up around $30,000 when done?

The new 66 Galaxie 428 4-speed was $9600,I want to add some Torque Thrusts and a Glass hood and other little items,it should end up around $12,500?

I guess for how much enjoyment the car give me it's worth it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
So far I have about $13-14k in my 65 coupe(including the orginal cost of the car), all I have left is interior and some suspension mods so I think I will be happy with it for while for under $16k (not bad for the price of a new econobox).

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I have 12 cars, worth over $100K. My main car('66 coupe) in the 8's & I have... oh probably... $40K in it?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
68 Fairlane

bought for 140. Canadian
2k in suspension and brakes
400. parts car for new panels, some interior
1000 in rims and tires
around 400 for motor stuff (barter traded alot of parts for cam, intake,etc.)

probably 5000. Canadian altogether.

Next is paint but my friend is doing it ( just need to buy paint) helping him out with wrenching on big trucks for the labour of paint.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I have about 10.5 in mine now by the time i get done i'll have 20000 in it. But im not looking for resale value this will be my one and only i will mnaver part with it. If i was doing it to have value in it it would have been with something that had value in it to begin with.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Greg Cook, I read the post above and was wondering,what car is he talking about for $11,000?

The I siad for $11,000 I would buy any of the old Fords he has in a second!

I love that Fairlane you got,its set up just the right way!

65 Falcon Sprint Super-Stock-White Lightning
66 Galaxie 428 4-speed 7-Litre
91 Mustang GT 5.0 5-speed
95 F-350 XLT Super-Cab DRW 460- Tow Vehical

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 3/4/02 5:20am ]</font>

·
Registered
521 Posts
i prolly got 3.5-4K into my maverick rightnow and its still a pile of junk

but its MY pile of junk and i love it

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can safely say over $20000 but I will have piece of mind. Everything new from motor to rearend, and how do you put a price on the thumbs up you get from onlookers. In my case it's the only Ford around and will become a legend around here very soon. When I tell people I have a Gold Trac posi only the well informed know what it is.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
"The Yellow Monster" from my home page has about $36,000.00 in it ...

I have an appraisal for $13,500.00

I could most likely sell it for between $9,000.00 and $12,000.00 if I was lucky.

But then ... this is essentially a brand new 29 year old classic, modified to my specific desires and I can't imagine it would ever be for sale ...

I'm also not sure I could buy a new car off a lot for that same $36,000.00 that would be more eye catching and fun than "The Yellow Monster".

The value is in the fun of doing it and the pride in ownership and accomplishment ... For me anyway

My Two Cents

Larry Madsen
Las Vegas Nevada

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monstermach on 3/4/02 5:20am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Yea Greg, I know what you mean,the new Galaxie comes with 4 trophys it won at car shows in Ohio.

The guy is giving all the stuff he has with the car,he even has all the days marked that the car was at car shows.

I like going to car shows just to met people and talk cars,if I win something thats ok but if I don't thats ok too.

Most of the time I end up leaving before the awards are handed out anyways.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gee I'm feeling better, I'm not the only guy out there spending a small fortune!!! We have a special thing going on this forum, I feel like I can ask any question and everyone will try to help out. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I have roughly about 5k invested into my car. That does not include the purchase price, paint, or interior. I got lucky on that end. However, I decided that the 200 I-6 was not good enough so a Cleveland went in its place. Then I needed to upgrade the supension and might as well go with TCP. Next, I want to add a AOD, then Baer brakes, next a Currie rearend and a new motor etc. But, I am never selling so it will be worth it. I just added up most of my recipets, the total came to $4644.07. I guess I can easily figure in another grand, and I still need about 1600 to finish it up. Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 68 stang on 3/4/02 8:26am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I'm still in the process of adding up receipts.........................

(if momma ever saw this, I'd be sackless!)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks Greg........we needed that........$100,000 on a Buick?!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well including what I paid for her.....probably around 10,500 Canadian, I had her appraised at 12,000!! And she is worth every cent I have and will put into her!!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Probaly just shy of 20K, and it is not painted yet and the interior is pretty lame also, that includes all the mistakes and do overs, but next friday it will be worth it, if it isnt raining I hope to update my signiture with a 12 something. I just came back from the local back street dragstrip and it is running hard, more tire spin in 3rd than I would have ever expected.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts