Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a project '92 Vert. Runs / drives great, has some upgrades. Been bumped in front and back. Rear was put back OK. Front still needs put back. Needs hood, bumper cover, driver fender, and some minor items in the interrior. I was thinking about it since its mostly nuts bolts and paint that I can do. $2500 sounds like a good deal.
Opin?

·
Registered
86 Posts
If your gonna keep it for 20 years go right ahead. Others wise dont buy it. It will be hard selling it.

An awesome paint job is around 3K.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Damaged in front and rear and they STILL want $2,500????? What are they thinking it's got GOLD rings?
You should be able to get a good running '92 Convertible WITHOUT damage for under 3K... $2,500 should not be ok for you on a banged up car convertible or not...

FE

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it were me I'd pass. Salvaged titles never go away and always hurt resale value. I had one.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I'd keep looking for a cleaner car $3,000-5,000 will usually get you a clean car with a good title. Now if your building a race car thats another story...........

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking for a good car for "the girls"... auto, all there, but still has some git up and go left. They don't like the T5, and I don't like smelling the clutch as they leave with it. Except for the tranny, this one comes close. I was just adding up the parts from MPS, some time, and some paint and thinking I was up to this challenge. MPS is just under a 1 day drive round trip for me and I could get it all in one trip. The '87 car is getting me down, can't get it running right, just frustrated with it. This one DRIVES !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts