Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is having to relocate.., so he have to reduce his car stock. He want me to list his Falcon on Ebay this weekend. He wants to get as much as he possibly can for the car. The car is a 170 cid/automatic. What price should I set his reserve at?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hard to say. It depends on so many things.

Your area - Here in my area they are harder to find so prices are high.
Rust - You can't judge that from pics.
How does it run and drive - Again can't tell from pics.
Any repairs needed - Personal opinion on this one.
Paint - You always have to see that in person.
Much More....

Just from the pics I would guess a couple of grand. The best thing to do is check out Falcons on eBay and places like traderonline.com that are in your area. See what they are going for and that will give you a better idea.

Ed

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
A friend of mine recently listed his Futura exactly like yours 4 times on e-bay. It sold to a non payer for $2,800 once, then sold for $2,000 to another non paying bidder. Then sold for $800 bucks to another phucking non-paying bidder. Finally a mutual friend bought it for and undisclosed amount of money.

WHat I'm saying is that it's going to be hard to get paid for it and it's going to be hard to make a lot with it. mostly because it's a 170...

Tell your buddy not to set a reserve, or look at it realistically and take what it goes to. Many Falcons sell locally for much more than e-bay will give for it...

FE

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will forward this info to him.., and maybe he will skip EBay and advertise locally instead. It is a very good driver, very clean little car, from what I seen of it no rust.

·
Registered
235 Posts
OH, I forgot! Try tffn.net an all Falcon web site. someone there may buy it. Try listing it on Falcon club sites. I know it's winter but if any car shows pop up take there and stick a for sale sign in the window.

Ed

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Start the bidding at a buck. Have no reserve. Before long a couple guys will get emotionally attached and even start telling their friends that they're buying a car on ebay. You want to hook them, not scare them away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts