Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked one up today, i might end up using it, but i had heard from some friends that they are kinda hard to come by.

What do you think its worth, or what would it sell for ?

Its in good shape

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Unrusted, undented ones are had to find. I'm guessing show quality would be in the $400 - $500 range.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You're looking at probably around 200 plus for a decent core and probably 5-600 to chrome it. There is one, again on ebay, for around 600 and it's chromed. I would agree, they are hard to come by.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
On 2006-09-10 17:21, 64GALAXIE514 wrote:
You're looking at probably around 200 plus for a decent core and probably 5-600 to chrome it. There is one, again on ebay, for around 600 and it's chromed. I would agree, they are hard to come by.
So that's what they call the stuff now! Names keep changing from what I used to know. Like rafters, they aren't rafters anymore they're trusses. Even a garbage man is called something to do with sanitation. The world is leaving me behind.

·
Registered
830 Posts
True I was quqted 700.00 from the bumperboyz for a rear bumper,becuse " there are so few good cores" I had wanted to get an extra one just in case.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Was that a show quality bumper? Mine was a step down from show quality and is looks damn good to me and I paid around $450.00. That was two years ago though.

Shotrod: You make me laugh. Rafters are a handframed roof. Egineered roof russes are still just trusses :^) I should know...I design them every day. They help me pay for the old Gal and her moments in the health spa (my brother-in-laws auto repair shop)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
What's a set of NOS 64 rear bumper guards worth? Still in the factory box.

I'll never put them on my car. I have a rechromed rear bumper (purchased over 20 years ago or more) that looks good to the naked eye, but when you line up the guard, you can see that the bumper/guard don't fit absolutely flush on one side. Repair jobbed bumper, no doubt.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Been several years since I've sold one, but the last one I did went for 450ish, with a ding in it but not rotted out. Front brought 225 or so with a slight bend in it. I haven't had a Galaxie in almost a year, but it seems to me that the prices on a few of the items have come down just a bit.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
They had a Nos 64 rear bumper at Turkey Run For $2000.00. My core was $250.00 and the rechrome was $350.00. The signature car is for sale now.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Probably going off the deep end and fahrvegnugening! Or however that is spelled.

I'd do the same, i'd own it if i had the cash also. And it's not even red!

Deb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts