Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to add a wheel spacer to the front wheels. (65 galaxie) Can I go 5mm using the stock wheel studs and it be safe to ride on? If not, 3mm?
Thanks...

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
I think 65'er went 1/2" on his and may be still alive...

·
Registered
480 Posts
With your wheel bolted on the car with a stock lug nut, measure how much stud is protruding out of the nut. It is safe to run a spacer equal to that measurement.
I wouldn't run anything that subtracts the amount of threads your lug nuts will grab. 5mm should work just fine depending on your wheel flange thickness.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The most important part is to keep everything hubcentric and wheel centric. I bought my spacer/adapters from Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech They make each set exactly to your specs, hub centric and wheel centric 3-30mm thick. Check them out before you buy anywhere else! They built my adapters (25mm and 54mm) and they couldn't fit any better and keep the wheel perfectly centered. No, I am not affiliated with them, just extremely happy with their product!

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
If you must use wheel spacers, definitely use the quality T6061 billet units available from companies like H&R. Avoid the cheap MR. Gasket stuff and so on.

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
What's wrong with the Mr. Gasket spacers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts