Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many turns should I tighten my crane roller rockers on a fully adjustable valve train with Ford hyd. roller lifters ? I initially set them at 1/2 turn past the point I felt friction on the pushrod. The rockers seem noisy, is this normal for rollers? They aren't clacking like a loose lifter but are noisy like a mechanical cam sort of is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has nobody put roller rockers on their 5.0 yet ?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
There will be a bit of noise. Was the engine just fired? Or is this an engine thats been running for some time. Are you sure they are not touching the valve covers.
If all of this checks out all right, I'd go back and back each one off until it ticks and then 1/2 turn in. Thats as good as it will get.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The engine is brandnew I just needed to know if 1/2 turn was enough and I'm not looking forward to splashing hot oil all over my new headers and freshly painted engine compartment oh well guess thats what rags wre made for!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P.S valve covers are Edelbrock Elites that I tested with putty to make sure!

·
Registered
140 Posts
As for adjusting,I cut out an old set of covers and use them when I adjust,keeps the oil from splashing and ruining the paint,as for adjuments,the 1/2 turn most always works.
Jax

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I'll just have to take off my dress and do it Thanx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Geofordman, it sure is nice to see somebody else from Alberta on this board but it's even nicer knowing you have the same car as me. Ever make it to Edmonton

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Wow, Alberta. I've got family all over that area, Edmonton mostly. Eitehr of ya know anyone from the Zook family?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts