Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How to Bench Test 64 Falcon Wiper Motor???????

Hello,
I was hoping someone could tell me how to bench test a 64 Falcon wiper motor. I am attaching a photo of the motor showing the wires. I don't know if the motor is not working, or if it is the switch. I found another motor in a bone yard, but they do not know how to test it either. As you can see, there is one single back wire. Then there is a plug with a light bluish wire, a white, a red, and yellow wire.

In addition to these wires, on top of the body of the motor is two male spade plugs.

Can someone tell me how to get power to this so I can test it?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here you go. The wires with the exception of the Green Delay wires everything works identically.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/falcon-pages/507907-trouble-shooting-wiper-motor.html
Thanks again for all of the detailed information. I don't know much about wiring, but I put power to the single black wire and grounded the body. I then took a continuity tester and checked each of the 4 wires on the plug. They all had power to them. Would this mean that the motor has shorted out? If I am understanding this correctly, the switch would distribute the power from the constant hot white wire to the other wires to perform each of the functions?

Thank you....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, from what I understand just ground, and supply hot, then Jumper the hot to the Blue and white socket. That should give you low speed if the motor is good.
Well, you and I gave it a heck of try on this one, but the motor is toast :)
I did come across a single speed motor, thanks to the cometcarclub link you gave me. The picture below is the single speed motor. It has three male terminals. Do you know which terminal is the hot out of the three? Would it be the uppermost terminal in the picture, the middle, or the one at the bottom? If I know the hot, then jumping the other two terminals together should operate the motor?

I never drive my car in the rain, but I just moved to New York and they require working wipers during inspection to license a car. Anything I get to work will at least get me past this hurdle. I'll probably never use them again once I get them working :)

Thank you....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts