Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
64 Falcon, converted from automatic to manual, have also new aftermarket steering column. This was a 260 with a Ford-O-Matic so it is my uderstanding that the switch was in the column not on the tranny like the later C-4's I believe it is as simple as connecting the two leads together. I have looked everywhere under the dash and can not find the connector that the original two wires on the old column netural saftey switch connected to. I believe they are or should be red with a blue stripe? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ras Daniel

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found them! Don't you love it when you solve your own problems? We have ignition!

Turns out the column had a pair of wires that had a molded connector on them and their was no mate for it under the dash but their were two lone wires that matched the description with a male and female connector on them. I ran a jumper between them and then rechecked the relay with a voltage meter and I had juice. Removed the jumper and plugged those two wires together and we are now good to go. Yeah! This Falcon has been down since last July. Think I will be getting him to the muffler shop tomorrow then off for an alignment.
Ras Daniel

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Ras, you're talking about Horus, the yellow car? How cool. Sounds like it might be road worthy now. How cool. I can't wait to see it and for you to take me in a ride in it.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah boy, absolutely!
Fired it up on Sat. Put the Flow Masters, and Sub frames on it Monday and had the Alignment done this morning. It's been washed and has a fresh coat of wax on it. Have not noticed any rubbing or clearance issues with the 255's in the rear, the 620's coils ride better than I thought then would (Might be the roller perches from Opentracker he said it was going to smooth it out) feels great. I would like to drop the nose another 1.5" or so, have to check my clearances it looks possible. Right now it sets like a stock falcon with its nose slightly up although it has been lowered front with the lowering of the upper control arm and the 620's and rear with the 1" blocks.
Only one of the Spal 12" in fan is kicking on, I have to hot wire the other to see if it is defective. Still with that one fan running temps hover around 180-185 degrees.
No leaks except a small drip from the allen screw on the side of the Canton pan Guess I will have to seal up those threads when I dump the oil. Sounds wicked.
Ras Daniel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts