Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a question regarding stall speed and a Comp cams 270hr camshaft with a C-4. Would you consider a 2400 stall with type of camshaft. What is the stall of a C-4 torque convertor and would this work well with a set of gears, such as 3:25-1 or 3:55-1. Engine is a 289.

Thanks

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
You're going to need to provide more info to get the right answer on this. In addition to gearing the engine specs are really important. Items like compression ratio, intake, carb type, complete cam specs (lift, duration, lobe seperation, etc.) and anything else you might know.

Another item that shouldn't be left out is vehicle weight. All of this matters when deciding on a converter. I suggest gathering up everything I mentioned and call someone like TCI - that's what I did. I went with one of their off the shelf Street Fighter (10", 3000 stall) and like it. Some will argue that a custom converter is the only way to go but for me it's fine.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.