Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, you know the piece of rubber strip that attaches to the rear side window trim on a fastback. You know, if you rolled down the front glass and left the rear glass up, that pice of weatherstrip that is in between the front and rear glass? I got new ones and was wondering how the old ones come out. I thought just pop em out with a screwdriver but it's not working. Don't want to force it. There is a tiny metal tab at the bottom, Do I do something with that?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Greg, thanks. Like the new banner. So, slide it out from the top, and then slide the new one back in through the top? I'll have to look again, but it did'nt look like it could slide in through the top, only the bottom. Thanks again.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Keep up the posts on your little window project... that is what is next for my Galaxie after I fix ANOTHER tbone on my passengers door. God.. a Big Black Galaxie in the middle of a parking lot during the day and people just cannot seem to see it!!!

Anyways.. my window rubbers are ALL rotted or very hard..so I have to do all of them. I am kind of feeling overwhelmed as I have never taken apart a door to redo the rubber.

So, if you find a few tips and tricks... please post them Fstback as I am very interested in understanding how you did it.

That being said... how do you replace the vent window rubber? Do I have to drop the vent window through the door and do it outside of the car? That windnoise really bites as I cruise to Tucson and back.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Greg, any vendors you recommend for a complete door seal/window rubber/ frame rail kit? Looking for quality and fit over price.

Also, when you say remove the rivets, do you mean drill them out and use small screws with nuts to put them back together?

When I shut my door my windows rattle something fierce.

Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you for the leads and the pictures you sent me. I am going to purchase as much as I can before I tear my car apart. I think it will be a good time to do a paintjob and then redo the window rubbers. Now.. if I can only find a new windshield I will be set with an almost new Galaxie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts