Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my '63 Falcon hard top, it was missing the front driver's side window regulator. Aftermarket regulators are available for the sedan and convertible, but nobody makes one for the '63 hard top. I was unable to locate a used one from any of the recommended sources, and after searching for about a month, I decided to figure out how to make one from another model work. I posted another thread asking if anyone had one, to no avail:

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/fal...d-ds-window-regulator-63-falcon-hard-top.html

Retyler (user on this site) was kind enough to mention that one from a 65-66 Mustang might work. So I picked up a new aftermarket one off of eBay for $45. It turns out the gear assembly bolt pattern on the Mustang regulator is the same, but the flange, offset and the arm that connects to the scissors are different than the Falcon. So I lopped of the connecting arm and fabbed up a replacement arm to make it work. With a little trial and error of the arm length and the mounting hole offset, I was in business. Here’s a video I posted up on you tube explaining how to do it. Enjoy:

Making a '65 mustang window regulator work in a '63 Falcon HT - YouTube

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Good info...:tup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts