Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a 96 ford aspire. i know its not a stang but do they make performance parts for the ford aspire? its a quality car but i cant seem to find anything. would i be able to switch the engine out with a old mustang engine? i like the body style of the aspire but i want the power of a mustang. can anyone help me? thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think i can get more than 1000 bucks for my aspire. i just need a mustang engine. will it fit in my car?

·
Registered
904 Posts
In my opinion your only option is turbo charging and intercooling if you want to use your current motor. Try induction and fule management tricks.
later

·
Registered
521 Posts
www.streetkiaz.com

hehehe... i didn't know the aspire was made by kia, but now that its mentioned.... i can see it...
by the way... that site is mainly meant for laughs, but maybe you'll find something useful there

·
Registered
904 Posts
I still say go to the junk yard and find a turbo car with a similar size engine and hijack the turbo charger. Buy an intercooler as well. Dont overdoit with the boost.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I think somebody is trying to pull our leg on this one.
Just for fun here's a true story about "Prespires" (my pet name for 'em). Dude comes into the dealership claiming his new Aspire doesn't have any acceleration. I take the info and am real polite although I'm trying to stifle a laugh. Now this old boy weighs 375-400 lbs and literally pours himself out of this car. I swear I heard the car grunt when he got out!! I ask him at what point or speed the car seems to lay down. He says, without cracking a smile, "..um 'bout 90-95." Well I about lost my lunch and was glad I'd swallowed my last drink of my diet coke before he answered less I spewed it all over him or it came out of my nose like when I was a kid. I patiently explained that 90 was pretty much top speed for these cars and that he should perhaps slow down. He thanked me and I wished him a nice day!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
That's sad, even my 6050lbs truck w/o driver will go to a top speed of 107mph ;-P And my speed limiter on my '99 Taurus hits at 110, and it WOULD go faster if it didn't have the limiter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrBooMY on 5/15/02 7:30am ]</font>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whoa, my car is made by kia? kia's suck. i think ill sell it. anyone want to buy a used "perspire" with about 100,000 miles on it? whats a good fast muscle car other than a ford? i dont really like fords. im more of a chevy guy. maybe ill buy an import.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yeah.... but im talking about an import with a little more than 90 horse power. hmmmmmm........ i think ill get a impreza. anyone know if they are good cars?

·
Registered
196 Posts
You ought to get a Hyundai accent. Those things are actually pretty bad-ass if you add wiper nozzle lights onto the hood.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Actually AWOL, if you really want a muscle car, you can buy a used Yugo for a song, lower it, put stickers and one of those huge buzzing tailpipes on it. It'll smoke in all four gears.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Actualy, I recomend getting a Honda DelSol, paint it pink, Put a NAMBLA aricker on it and an Afterburner fart can, with these mods, i think that it will run 9's

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was laffin so damn hard I hit the post button before I actually typed in my reply.....LMFAO!!!!! you guys are killing me.
What he needs is more Gerbils and I hear those Chevy Gerbils are the best.... <chuckle>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you know what, i think im gonna just sell my car a get a bike. automobiles pollute. ill put a baseball card in the spokes, get one of them big flags on the back and call it good. i mean, it'll last longer and probally be a lot faster than any ford out there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts