Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of questions annoy you guy's & Gals?

I abhor open ended sentences that are set up like a question and then never punctuated, or a Q about a car but they never tell you what the car is, etc...

This should be a fun thread. :)

This is a favorite of mine.

"What's wrong with my car? It make a weird noise sometimes."

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
"I have a 390 block for sale $100, pick up only." Never says where it is.

"Ticking noise in engine." Gets ten good replies but never a word back from original poster.

Subject line: "Please Help!!" You dutifully open it and the guy is looking for matching door handle screw for a car you've never seen. grrr.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
What kind of questions annoy you guy's & Gals?

I abhor open ended sentences that are set up like a question and then never punctuated, or a Q about a car but they never tell you what the car is, etc...

This should be a fun thread. :)

This is a favorite of mine.

"What's wrong with my car? It make a weird noise sometimes."
don't talk while driving Gary , there will be no weird noise then .

had to do it . lol

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
What kind of cam intake carb and headers should I get, idk WHAT im wanting my car to do. ( DD, Cruiser, bruiser strip only etc) Then no idea what kind of car (heavy car light car) size of motor (small block big block) type of trans (manual auto)

AND the LETTERS IDK.... what the what if you cant spell it out IDK neither....

Dont think I have ever SPOKEN "IDK" have YOU? Probably not....

And FE, its still a Carbine, it says so right here in the literature.... :bicker:

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Of course, I don't like the post titles that say nothing, and posts where they did zero effort to get the simplest answer and just want you to do it for them, and the ones that never reply at all. I think the most aggravating are the ones that disregard your questions or advice, and then post like you're the jerk or your post doesn't exist:

"Hey, my car pings when I drive uphill."
"Tell us about your car and engine, any mods, and what fuel you're using."
"Well, I tried tightening my wheel nuts and the pinging is still there. Does anyone else have suggestions?"
"What color are your spark plugs?"
"OK, I changed the wiper blades, and it didn't help. Doesn't SOMEBODY have an answer?"
"Check your ignition timing and tell us what it's at."
"Recharging the AC didn't help either. I don't know why anyone comes here for help."

Neither do I.
:frown:
David

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I hate this one;

"I just bought this bla bla. How much is it worth?".
yep, but after some thought my response (if I am the first to respond will be, "How much did you pay for it?" when/if they respond back give the exact same price back to them as to its worth. What THEY paid for it so it must be worth it right?

Or the sister to that question, I saw a blah blah blah I am THINKING of buying and wondered what ya'll would pay for it, but i dont have pictures, and cant get pictures, and dont know how to post pictures, but how much should i offer??? GRRRRR

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
It begins something like this "I just bought an early falcon/mustang/comet with an I6. How do I swap a V8 into it?"

Its not like it hasn't been answered 10,000 times on every Ford related web site in the universe . . . . Sometimes I truly want to be an asshat and answer "Search is your friend!" and leave it like that.

Then my second follow-up response would be "If you wanted a V8 in your falcon/mustang/comet, why didn't you buy one with it in the first place and save yourself a lot of work?"

But I am not like that and have learned to ignore the question altogether to help maintain my sense of sanity . . . . .

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Of course, I don't like the post titles that say nothing, and posts where they did zero effort to get the simplest answer and just want you to do it for them, and the ones that never reply at all. I think the most aggravating are the ones that disregard your questions or advice, and then post like you're the jerk or your post doesn't exist:

"Hey, my car pings when I drive uphill."
"Tell us about your car and engine, any mods, and what fuel you're using."
"Well, I tried tightening my wheel nuts and the pinging is still there. Does anyone else have suggestions?"
"What color are your spark plugs?"
"OK, I changed the wiper blades, and it didn't help. Doesn't SOMEBODY have an answer?"
"Check your ignition timing and tell us what it's at."
"Recharging the AC didn't help either. I don't know why anyone comes here for help."

Neither do I.
:frown:
David
Awesome!!!

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
that is until the thread goes slightly off topic, and off color... :rolleyes::):D
how could it ever go off topic . Easy done with to much info , the op doesnt need in depth tech . he/she not going to understand it . when the novel is corrected , thats the start of OT/OC

rule should be .. if the OP doesnt respond to their post , no further replys

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
whats it Worth question . like telling those that ask , not a f thing

they are just trying for the max money . sell it for what you want price to high , you get to keep it

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
How much horse power should my car make?

·
Registered
251 Posts
In addition to what has already been stated. I hate the urgent ones.

"Need HELP!!!"
Bla bla bla...

2 hours later...

"anyone here? I really need to get this fixed tonight."

This is another one that gets me.

"I have never really built an engine before, so could you guys tell me what parts I need to build a 450HP 302 for my car?"

"What do you mean? Why would I need to change the converter and gears."

" Oh, no I can't afford to upgrade the trans, axels, brakes, and suspention."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts