Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased 1963 300 2dr. What is the procedure for removing cracked dash pad? Is the dash the same as a non padded dash once pad is removed? I do not want to replace pad, I want to remove and paint dash. Any help would be great. Thanks. Ken kjb1963

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I've never done a 63 dash Ford dash but here is a couple pictures to look at.
I know the 63 chevy padded dash when removed has holes where the pad is bolted on. I really think on the Ford the pad is just glued direct to the original dash. But I'm not 100% sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/63-1-2-64-FORD-GALAXIE-PADDED-DASH-HOUSING-BOARD-PANEL-500-TRIM-KNOBS-GLOVE-BOX-/350683566607?nma=true&
si=s9HJ5UaaLoJqPX3ySYSvUDI2Dw8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

DID A SEARCH AND FOUND THIS

63-64 Dash Pad
Mine has small slots just above the alloy flash that runs across the dash fascia.
Hardly worth worrying about.

Re: Installing 63-64 Dash Pad
so there are holes to fill in the dash if you take the pad off?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Remove the inside windshield mouldings, defroster vent mouldings, Radio speaker grille, speedometer and gauge cluster (you can just remove the screws and let it hang) remove the dash pad where it clips to the under side of the dash. It most likely will be glued so you will have to scrape it off on the top of the dash. There will be holes left in the under side of the dash where the clips were. You can't hardly see them with the pad off. I'm with SemiCrazy never seen a 300 with a paded dash. Does it have paded visors? Although I have two 63 Galaxies (not 500s) one with a paded dash and one without.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I would like to see some photos. I like to see the base model cars and all of their lack of options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts