Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all,

Just picked up my first Falcon rolling chassis. Otis is a 65 Futura was a straight 6 and i'm assuming a auto. I'll be changing it over to a 302 for street and strip. The Chassis is straight as could be though it does have some floor board rot. Besides that it's a good starter, minus one fact. The title is half transfered years ago 1996 but the guy backed out of the sale then sold it to another guy who never finished it to his state. So it sat in a barn from 2003 till last month I bought it from the guy who had it in storage, with no title. After looking around in the car a bit I opened the glove box and all the title and half transfered paper work. So I now sit on a car with title issues. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
You could try to get a replacement title in the name of the person that was on the title you found in the car. Really depends on the State that your in.

I went through a similar situation with a Merkur that my son bought in Indiana.

Jet

·
Registered
291 Posts
I bought a 65 falcon wagon without a title once. Normally I wouldn't go that but because it had such appeal and was very rare I jumped at buying. I ended up doing a DMV search and tracked down the prior owner's wife who told me her spouse had died a year before. The last time the car was title was 1991 believe it or not. I then did a basic search and had the prior owner's wife sign over the title to me and even was nice enough to go to DMV with me. It was given to me as a gift so I didn't have to pay any tags/taxes cost. What a blessing man! There are resources on the internet that you can use to track down that information. Start with a basic DMV search and then dig in further. Can't guarantee that you won't pay anything but it was well worth it in my situation. Unfortunately I am selling that wagon but case and point.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got her all done! Title is mine and car is starting to be worked on! Any good companies for replacement panels, floors other important parts?

·
Registered
291 Posts
got her all done! Title is mine and car is starting to be worked on! Any good companies for replacement panels, floors other important parts?
Gecko,

Glad to hear you got the title issue straightened out! Classic 2 Current is very reasonable in price on their sheet metal replacement pieces and they line up pretty good. I bought replacement floor pans and they will run you around $60/each not including shipping or course. I would start there first!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
ok one site asks almost a 100 more for EACH panel.. why the difference thicker metal? better fit? just a rip off? 59.99 compared to 159 each and they all seem to be across the board 100 bucks more...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts