Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't been around in a bit, but I still check in every now and then. Been real busy lately with family/job/music/car (I think I need a hobby...:)) Anyway, just an update on a project from this week.....

I had a Hurst Comp Plus shifter in the XL since right after I bought the car. I bought it from Adrian Clements (the shifter, not the car...) out of his 1 of 1 wagon. And although it shifted WORLDS better than the factory, I always felt the handle was too far away. Hurst no longer make this particular shifter, so I didn't want to bend the handle, and it was not the 2-bolt handle variety. Hurst still makes a shifter for the non-console cars and it has a 2-bolt handle. So I bought one of those and did this.....

before

made this bracket

and, now have this

The factory handle has a bend in it back towards the driver, so it now looks stock, is easier to reach, and still shifts like a Hurst...:cool:

Now, I have been thinking about doing this for quite some time, but I really need to blame Roy (Chiefe9) for getting me off my butt to go ahead and do it.

Thanks Roy...!!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
How much ya want for that ? ....Oh I donot know Rcode , what ya give ?........Well being you didnot like it what makes ya think I will like it ? .....Oh it was a great shifter and it cost a bunch ......Then why ya take it out if it is such a great shifter ?...........Because I wanted the factory instead but this on still in great shape .......Ok then what ya want for it then ?.........I donot know what ya give ?.....Well if you didnot like it why should I like it ?.........Cause it is still a good shifter ........Not what I asked ya , if it is in your way I can use it .........

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Now that is Funny..........
How much ya want for that ? ....Oh I donot know Rcode , what ya give ?........Well being you didnot like it what makes ya think I will like it ? .....Oh it was a great shifter and it cost a bunch ......Then why ya take it out if it is such a great shifter ?...........Because I wanted the factory instead but this on still in great shape .......Ok then what ya want for it then ?.........I donot know what ya give ?.....Well if you didnot like it why should I like it ?.........Cause it is still a good shifter ........Not what I asked ya , if it is in your way I can use it .........

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
inexpensively ?? - is that one of those big words that them other coast guys use --

i thought Rcode wanted it for a little to nothing--

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well I could use it . I pay for it and place my trust in him to send it if price is reasonable . Well it is a swap meet day , it is raining and I donot see many offers in this post as of yet . Does that not count ?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Humm , now if ya had said 25 bucks , I would have said 26 and you 27.50 but noooooooooooooo.........Now I gota say 53.00 . There is a shipping fee ya know of around 20 bucks so now we up near bouncing off 100 . Kicking the other leg !!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Hehe , now how did I know that was gona happen ? My faught ? Your faught ? Anyway no crying over split milk ...........As for ya sore legs I know a fix for ya over there on 44th street , couple little china twins . As for the shifter , not about the shifter . I had a roll going . I had a royal flush in the making and you placed a raise with only a pair of 2s ???????????/First prize in pocker is a mil bucks . We had the guy sacked for the gear swaper and now look at what we got ?????? Gota change my car with a screw driver , and how we gona get home , rainning and your gears locked up . You crawling under car this time and get them gears unlocked , not me . Couple silly duces , shissh

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Hehe , now how did I know that was gona happen ? My faught ? Your faught ? Anyway no crying over split milk ...........As for ya sore legs I know a fix for ya over there on 44th street , couple little china twins . As for the shifter , not about the shifter . I had a roll going . I had a royal flush in the making and you placed a raise with only a pair of 2s ???????????/First prize in pocker is a mil bucks . We had the guy sacked for the gear swaper and now look at what we got ?????? Gota change my car with a screw driver , and how we gona get home , rainning and your gears locked up . You crawling under car this time and get them gears unlocked , not me . Couple silly duces , shissh

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Heyyyy , is there an olmen lurking here . I posted twins . Now does that have anything to do with a pair 2s ya played ? Hummm Lets put our rolls together and goto vegas and play in the big high roller game . I know a table and the stakes are a hurst V gate short stick slapper .........

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well it just made my decisions easier. I had one console for 4 sp and one for auto. I guess I use the auto one. I guess I could use the top loader overdrive I got in the back. It came with a shifter for 35$. Do the twins travel? I'll be as far as Tennessee in July.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Heck no , no way . Autos are for cripples and old grannys that cannot drive a 4 speed , heck no !!!!!....Naw the twins on drugs and a one nighter . Back to the shifter , I got a couple myself I dodnot use but them dagum twins got both as calateral at the moment . I get back wif ya .

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
AW naw , did he just leave when I got the taxi stopped for the vega deal ? MAN you never work in this town again , and as for them twins ????? That taxi's first stop wuz 44th street , you automatic sucker !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts