Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im new to the site here. The name is manuel and i am a proud new owner of a 1965 Ranchero 289ci 2V with a C4 Auto 3spd 8'' rear. I have a post in the tech board but i thought id intruduce myself to the fellow ranchero owners. I have to say this is my first ford and im happy to own her. I purchased her from a fellow who is a customer at my store for the sum of $600 running. She sat in his yard for four years untill he decided to sell. I am the third owner and the motor was rebilt in 86' funny thats my birth year lol. I have a stack of paperwork of all the other two gentlemen have done to her. Its alot. Suspension, body, motor, tranny, regular tuneups. so it was taken care of. I got lucky to be the one to buy her. She needs "TLC" of course but runs strong. I am having a problem though with her charging the battery which i have the post in the techboards if anyone can help id appriciate it. Anyway im happy to be a member on here and i eager to learn more about these great 'lil' trucks.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Welcome to the site! You will find lots of good info from some very knowledgeable people in these forums.

I am currently building a 65 Ranchero that I have owned for about 24 years.
I completely restored this Ranchero in the early 90's. It was very nice. I took to some car shows, dragstrip on occassion, and drove quite a bit.

Then in 1997, a guy in a Chevy Suburban decided to pass me on the left on a two lane road as I was making a left hand turn. Needless to say, I came out on the losing end. The whole driver's side was wiped out. Luckily I was not injured. My Ranchero sat for several years, since I did not have the time or much money to fix it.

Just this last year I began working on it again. I was able to find a fender, door, and quarter panel to replace the damaged ones and found a shop that I trusted to do the work. Since the truck has been sitting for so long, I will end up having to do a lot more work to get it going again, but it should be fun. I now have the Ranchero back from the body shop. They did a great job on the body work. I decided to leave the driver's side in primer, and will have the whole truck painted at a later date. Right now I am just happy to have some straight panels on it.

I am beginning to work on some of the mechanical issues and updgrades. I am currently working on installing a 4 link rear suspension and have many other plans, such as, a 347 stoker, T5 trans., and 4 wheel disc brakes to make this a fun and safe ride again.

Good luck with your Ranchero! These are such cool little trucks, as you don't see them around much.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Congrats! I graduated in 1986 after rebuilding a 289... Maybe I did it :) If that's the case, it's guaranteed to last another 200,000 years! I do kickass work ;)

Welcome to FM!

FE

Welcome & don't pay any attention to asshoppa & his swollen head. There's plenty of room here (barley) for him, his ego & everyone else. Metal aspiration assmologist...phhhht

Rick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well im a observant person and only take in what i think is legitement information lol. But uh well i gave my car a complete tune up, anything and everything ignition/charging has been replaced. im still having the alt light on while she is running though so i have to figure out what the hey is that about. I have a new alt wire loom set on order as well as the engine harness. im replacing all the underhood wiring. then on to the dash wiring there after. I am having fun working on her if only i had alot more money to dump on this project id be happy....but a lil at a time for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far i have been having useful information givin to me by a few members on here and i just want to say thanks alot. I am proud to be a member on here and really appreiciate the help for my 1965 Falcon Ranchero project. I really appreciate the info thank you. Im new to owning a classic ford and want to learn as much as i can about my ranchero.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well good thing you where not injured thank god for that. Unfortinatley your ranchero suffered a bad fate. The whole drivers side wow thats alot of body work/replacing that is going to have to be done not to mention expensive but then again was isnt when you are restoring these cars. atleast you have straitend body parts on again. Hopefully it gets done and their once again will be yet another ranchero "On The Road Again" good luck to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts