Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strolled into work this morning, and someone asked me when the racing season started.......... Been so busy messing around with my truck and trailer, (getting ready, etc), that haven't been paying attention to what date it exactly was/is.

DUH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>This saturday I get to trailer it down to the track and hopefully have an NHRA tech inspector give it the once over so I can attempt my 'license passes' on he 28th.........April...........I was thinking May...........DUH< DUH< DUH< DUH

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
You did better than me.Today,I forgot to go to work.Ha.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 'local yokel' track. (i.e. Rock Falls raceway,), (a.k.a. 'slippery rock). So named after its fabled absolute SHITTY traction. (unless the owner is testing his car that day, then you want to run as soon after he does as you can)........

by the way, it's located just outside of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, (kinda).........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drag79stang on 4/2/02 11:18am ]</font>

·
Registered
749 Posts
ah ok

we are going to Interstate dragway(Moorhead MN) for test and tune on april 28. Maybe some how we will hook up this summer. Mike may be at one or the other for test and tune also.

Good Luck

Tim

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Well, the weather has turn nice, and the pad is being worked on. The nice thing about Mission (http://www.missionraceway.com/) is that they have a web cam that operates 24/7. It is nice to be able to see what the weathers like or sit back and watch the races from home, not that i spend much time here.

There is NO substitution for Cubes
1954 Mercury Pick-up Blown 525 BBF, Morrison pro street/ pro-gas frame,2 1/2" chop but still in pieces<U></U>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blown54 on 4/3/02 7:47am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How true, how true. It was supposed to start warming up today. 30 degrees and friggin' snow flurries all damm day. Sucks.
I e-mailed the track to see if they'd at least do the chassis cert on saturday, (even tho they forecast rain).
I mean, the NHRA dude has to drive from somewhere, right? Might as well make it worth his while...........Besides if I find out I gotta do some rewelding on the roll cage, I'd like to know as soon as possible!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts