Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
canoe, is that you with the M1A? if not my faux pas. anyways, probably the 351m, i've been wanting to build up a 400. so i'd change the crank, build up some aussie heads a 650 cfm carb, aftermarket intake, headers etc. then go out and let the elcaminos watch my tailgate as it dissappears in the distance...........ray

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Sarah - Congrats!!!! Did you have to contend much against the chebbie contingent??? OBTW - how are the brakes???

·
Registered
120 Posts
WELL Dan....I tell ya..... the Ranchero's had their own class this year..... we didn't have to show against the counterparts... awesome eh? and yes... we got the booster back....all of the diaphragm and inner guts had to be replaced....amazing how smoothe the ride is now... I'll show pics if anyone is interested... I sure missed you baby....

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I'm always available on email and you have both work and home... you know that. I just won't deal with a site that permits certain folks to intentionally behave badly, abusively and thrive on being internet bullies. Won't do it, won't stay nor will I $upport it.

Pictures? We thrive on pictures!!! :D (That's a "yes Sarah, I'm interested" in case you didn't know... :D :D :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome Ray!!! :D Hope you get that one and I'll be lookin' for one too for you. Found a couple of good candidates for Dan the Ranchero Man although they've been a little further than he wants to travel. What engine is your preference?
Talked with Dan R. tonight, sounds as though he found a frame locally, I found a few donors for the non-a/c conv. here in MN, trying to work something out at the yard w/ a 78 t-bird, hopefully we can find him something and get him back on the road soon. Good to know you are still around Dan.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This fourum has as much fun as RancheroUS. Rancheros get so little respect you could hook a single wire and nobody would care. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ

I could care less what people do to their ride. In most instances, it makes more work for professionals, which is good for their livelihood.

In most professional shops, they will not take in this hacked automotive systems. He will have to find a HEAT AND BEAT tinkerer that frequents this board most likely to help him out of his own cobbling.

That's all fine and great, but since most people are building stuff themselves it doesn't matter because they don't have to go to the shop. And as far as my "cobbled together" alt change, read my posts. All I had to do was change a wire.

Quote:
Simply put, if you cannot or are unable to afford to do it correctly (sanely), then leave it alone. Just more fuel for the regulators to impose more strict inspections and wanting to take away do-it-yourself.

If it wasn't for people wanting to do it incorrectly (so I guess insanely) we wouldn't have hotrodding or the aftermarket. Just because someone does something different doesn't mean they are automatically wrong.

Quote:
Your rattling and wasting of bandwidth is not needed.

This one made me laugh. A lot. Look who's talking.

This isn't the first time I've posted an opinion and immediately been called and idiot for it. I personally don't care. But others do, and that's why most people probably don't come back. And it gets nothing done.The only two people allowed to be arseholes are FE and Dan, because they are good at it. I may think some ideas are stupid, but I'm not closed minded so I look at the idea closer. And I'll try to help. Because that's what the forums are for. And this thread has become useless.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts