Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I know what I need, I just don't know what they are called or where to get them.

Picture a curtain rail (miniature I-Beam style), the curtain is suspended by a bunch of a small double wheel thing-a-ma-jigger's that slide along the track.

I need a heavy duty version of the double wheel thing-a-ma-jigger. I want to attach a smallish I-Beam rail (perhaps 2") to the joists in the basement of the cottage and then be able to attach the front of a canoe (60lbs) so I can slide the suspended canoe and then push it to wards the far end of the basement for storage. The cottage is built on a huge granite rock, the far end of the basement is only about 2" high , where the entrance is about 8" high.

Anyone know what those two wheel "thingys" are called? I can likely get the I-beam at metal supermarket.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Open a drawer on your tool box and you will see slides with rollers in (hopefully).

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The pic is broken. think they are known as "trollies"

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
GOOGLE Interior Pocket Doors. There are kits just for the rollers.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
GOOGLE Interior Pocket Doors. There are kits just for the rollers.

Yeah the pic he has tried to attach looks to be a "foldable door" But you are correct pocket doors has the necessary trollies/dollies what ever they are called. :tup:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Yeah the pic he has tried to attach looks to be a "foldable door" But you are correct pocket doors has the necessary trollies/dollies what ever they are called. :tup:
What he showed is doable but looks complicated to me.

Being only a canoe (weight ?), it seems like he would not have to go so heavy or expensive.

And just copy the door roller design. An actual roller door kit is $$$.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
think he said the weight was 60 lbs, so a few down its length would distribute the weight effectivly i am thinking.. he doesnt need them to swivel as the ones picured either i wouldnt think... Just go to your fav home improvement store, and ask if they sale the runners/hardware kits for a sliding door. They are made in several styles and some interior pocket doors ARE heavy. maybe can even get them in a 'fire door' rating where they sure enough would be heavy like the old heavy solid exterior Wooden doors you never see any more...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Anyone know what those two wheel "thingys" are called? I can likely get the I-beam at metal supermarket.
I have used Unistrut trollys in the past. They are easy to install and cheap.
There are several manufactures of strut, it's commonly used in new commercial construction by several trades. All of the engineering data is available online also. Struts & Framing | Unistrut | Unistrut 1-5/8" Trolleys P2950EG, Electro-Galvanized | B709586 - GlobalIndustrial.com

I hope this helps,
MC4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts