Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time since I bought my house almost 2 years ago, my garage is 100% mine. All the previous owners crap is gone, and all mine is neatly put away. I got the swamp cooler working, the beer fridge is stocked, and the stereo is hooked up.

I have been so excited to have a garage that I've been tinkering with everything. Got my motorcycle ready for some repairs, and started tearing the bad 460 outta my bronco so I can get the good one in ASAP.

I've learned something too...

A small beer fridge is much like a candy bowl. I've had more to drink this last week than the last 6 months combined. I even went for a bike ride with a cold one in my hand! God life is good.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I love having a garage, and know what you mean about the Beer Fridge! With 2 kids sometimes mine gets cluttered with bikes, etc. But if I stay on top of it I can keep is pretty clear.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A garage with a beer fridge and stereo is truly a wonderful sight to behold.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I enjoy being in my garage with my friends Warstiener, St. Pauli Girl. and " stick buddy" music. It sure beats mashing it on the couch watching the boob tube.

Yep rancheroo and indigo66, I finally got it cleaned out again.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
You have to keep it clean. Mine gets a workover every 2 weeks or so or it becomes a den of tripping hazards, fire hazards, cutting hazards, confined spaces, noxious gasses.......

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Shadow you are lucky. My shop is cleaned at least once a week, most times twice. Since I am retired I work in mine everyday. With all that I have in there: after it is straightened up for a day; you would never know it.

It is only 26.5'x36' inside. It has a 10'x24' enclosed shed on the rear, and all of it stays full all the time. My Pinto is in the shed area awaiting work. The Ranchero is in the shop, along with everything else. The Galaxie has to stay under the carport.

I am not a packrat. I am always disposing of things that I don't think I will need. This is bad in a way, as sometimes I have a need for what I have given away, or sold.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
My wife cleaned my garage yesterday when I was 60 miles away doing some Carb work for a couple fella's... Needless to say,<U> I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING NOW!!!!
</U>

Theodore Roosevelt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FEandGoingBroke on 5/1/06 11:49pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have to reply to this one, can't help it. Remember the movie Silverado? Where the one actor (forgot his name) says the only place he feels right is in a good saloon? That's the way I feel about my garage.

It too isn't huge, 28' x 30' with a 38' peak to the roof and an upstairs on one side, but it holds everything I've needed it to.

My music is supplied via the computer in the garage connected to my home network (I'm a network engineer in the daytime) and the computer makes life better for finding those parts ot tech articles quickly.

Lot's of good times over the years out there but the best was last December. My son joined the army and we wanted to have a going away party for him. 28 degrees that night and we're using propane heaters to warm the shop and firepits (2) to warm the area outside the garage, live band in the garage, keg of beer on the patio staying very cold, and 150 humans wandering between the shop and the house listening to kick ass rock & roll. None of my neighbors complained at all, and we're in a typical suburb with houses joined by their exterior paint. But then again, the music was a bit quieter than most of the cars that get lit up out there.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and tell my tale. A house may not always make a home, but a garage with soul can sure make a man happy.

Murff

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
my biggest fear is my wife cleaning my garage...she has this saying'if you aint used it for a year, pitch it' that dont fly with me...I keep crap forever, fix stuff I dont really need or use often, but sure handy to have when need arises...got a CNC Bridgeport, 17x48 Leblond lathe, tire changing stuff, engines, heads, trannys, plus a bunch of r/c stuff that takes up a lot of room- 5 helis, several planes...too many hobbies= 'too much junk' to her, but if I live long enough, I'll get around to doing something with it. the machines are redone, just got to get my 429, 396, and maybe even the old 350 sbc back together(aint even got a chevy currently)...then get started on the 69 fb thats been siting in there since 84~85...Ive had nightmares where she wheeled all the stuff to the curb- yikes!

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I left my garage a bit of a mess 6 months ago. When I was on leave i did some very minor cleaning! Cant wait to get back and finish cleaning it and then getting to work on my 67.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts