Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the car today. It's safe at home in the garage. Too dark to take pics but I will. I am calling rod and customs for a MII front end tomorrow. I have to get a new gas tank as the stocker was pulled because it gelled up they said. A 20oz water bottle with gas in it sits right in the bay with a fuel line feeding the engine perfectly enough to get it on the trailer and off into my garage. The 260 runs but needs timed and a generator. I'm going to replace the wiring and go with an alternator setup on the 351/AOD setup I have coming this weekend. I'm going to hold off on the wheels until I get the rear end done just to make sure I know what backspacing and size fitment I have with the new front and rear. The car looks great but I do need a replacement front drivers side fender.

Pics to come.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will a 351W with an RPM intake cause me to need a taller hood? Heck, I'm starting to think an RPM or higher on a 302 would be cause for a taller hood. Just looking at my 260 sitting there close.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a RPM on my 302 in my 63 and it fits fine with a drop base air cleaner, not sure about a 351 though! I bet headers are going to be a PITA for that!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, I just ordered a 106 kit from Rod and Customs. Nice MII front end and AOD, I'll weld up a bracket to get rid of the Z bar and try to run a cable hooked to the steering shaft shift lever.

My kit will be here in about 2 weeks or so. I have time to finalize the wheel plan.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts