Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to help from another member who suggested them (he has them in his 65 galaxie) i bought a set of Pacesetter 70-1322 shorty headers that are intended for a f-150. i recieved them about 20 minutes ago and did a test fit on my 69 galaxie 500 with a 351w. THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!. the drivers side does not hit the steering box and the pass side does not hit the frame rail. they have plenty of clearance all the way around.

just thought i would make this post for anyone that is searching google or on here

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well being that the car is on air ride. and lays frame. i dont have to many options. i havnt had the trans or drive shaft in since i bagged it. but i dont see me fitting dual 2.5'' pipes down the driveshaft tunnel. so i might just run the shorties and then like 1' of piping straight into some resonators and then turndowns right after the trans xmember. i know it will be really loud but the car is going to be a show cruiser not a daily driver

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Nice, thats good info, how large of primary tubes can you order them in? Would like to find a set of 1.75" for our new motor.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honestly i have no idea what different size the primaries are in. i think the ones i got are only 1.5

·
Registered
841 Posts
well being that the car is on air ride. and lays frame. i dont have to many options. i havnt had the trans or drive shaft in since i bagged it. but i dont see me fitting dual 2.5'' pipes down the driveshaft tunnel. so i might just run the shorties and then like 1' of piping straight into some resonators and then turndowns right after the trans xmember. i know it will be really loud but the car is going to be a show cruiser not a daily driver
Results for Oval Tubing

·
Registered
188 Posts
You can run 2.5 front to back w/ no problems.

I did 2.5 manderal bent, but you will have to do something w/the the trans x-member....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why whats wrong with the trans xmember?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts