Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant fix my plug wire melting problem, so im just going to buy new headers. The Jacob Ceramic wires looked like the best bet, but they cannt even go on. So what is good for these heads? I have heard that the Hooker superComps, will work, but what about the Regular comps? They are way cheaper. What is the difference? any other advice will be helpful.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Will Headman headers work with the Windsor Jr heads? They seem like they are very reasonably priced at about $100. Has anyone used them?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I've been trying to save up for the Super Comps for my Windsor Jr's for about 4 or 5 months. I've had the money 4 times but things keep jumping in the way and taking my money. I considered trying to get the Heddmans to fit but decided against it. If the headers you have now are causing trouble chances are the Heddmans will too if they are 1 5/8 inch tubes. 1 1/2 inch headers might work but I think those would be too small for Windsor Jr's. I'm running 1 1/2 tri-y's now that I modified to fit and they are slowing me down.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Whats the problems with hedmans? As i plan on upgrading my heads to jrs in the next 5-6months and have hedmans on my 289

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
You can clear most headers just fine using the World heads, If you use the Accel 276S (shorty plug, $1.25 ea), and a set of 45 deg plug wires (i like Taylors or Ford Racing)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am running the accels plug, and the headman headers. The ones for about 100 bucks, but i still am having major problems. I am using the morosso straight plug boot, but the problem would still occur with the 45* boots too, just way too close.
What about the poweder coating the headers then? IF i am going to buy the super comps, i want them to last, but that is a lot more money to powdercoat them, what other options do i have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts