Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got tired of having the cragar' ss' on my maverick, so i went down to peerless tire the other day. i know the people there and go hang out every so often, you know its good to have connections
anyway... was flipping through all the wheel magazines, and settled on a set of AWC daytonas!!
yep yep my maverick has the nascar look going for it right now. THERE is only one problem. the car sits to high. you know how nascar has the tire right with the fender? well that is the look i'm gonna shoot for. the rear of my car should be no problem, i recently got air shocks, so i'll just drop the back till i like the height. the front however i am confused with. how can i get the front end to drop about an inch and not have to worry to much about the ride quality? should i cut the springs? heat them? should i buy newer shorter springs perhaps?
i would post soem pics for you guyz, but my parents digital camera is a piece of crap
its all good though... work has been treating me VERY nice so i might get one soon enough
i'd love to show you my ride
oh yeah... i get paid feb 7th, (should be a NIICE check) so i'm getting my c4 rebuilt with a shift kit and also getting 3.55 gears to replace the factory 2.79's!! i'm gonna like it

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
DONT heat the coils, if you are going to cut, do abit at a time to get the right hieight. If you cut to much off, your screwed. Take 1/4 coil off at a time to be safe. It will take you longer but you will end up with a ride height you'll like, instaed of being to much.
I used a metak blade on my Skill saw, went thru like butter, but be careful.

Good luck, the easiest would be to buy new 1 in. dropped coils..

Rick

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you're a little strapped for cash or short on spare time you could go with these:

We used to use these back in the '70s. Nice thing is you can undo any changes you make. Though they are not the most correct way to go, they do work.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey Greg i have seen those in jegs and summit too i believe. how do they affect the ride?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts