Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some of my hot rod budget on one of these.

My old SKS bit the dust and I can't figure out what is wrong with it. I like to shoot a cheap ammo carbine at the range so I got a Ruger mini 30 at a great price from my gun shop. It puts me back a bit on the hot rod budget but hey, live to race, live to shoot guns. it is hard to make a choice between the 2.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Is it a 7.62x39 or 30 cal. like the M1? Cool piece! I've got a hopped up SKS that I bought 15-20 years ago and it just won't die. I also own several Rugers and they're all nice pieces. Now I'm looking at the new Sig 2022 in 9mm.

Enjoy!

John

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mini 30 shoots a 7.62 x 39 which is perfect for me. I got a tremendous deal on the gun and it appears there are plenty of good accessories. Ruger also makes the same gun branded as a mini 14 which shoots the .223/5.56 round.

I did my first range dial in with a 3 x 9 scope. I had to do about a 6 click windage and it was overlapping holes after that. This is the 581 series gun which is the revised model.

It looks like you could spend a fortune on one of these just like the AR's.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Nice! My daughter and nephew and Dad stopped at the top of a local mountain off the Hamma Hamma River on the Olympic National forest and my baby is a GREAT shot.

This is my as of Tuesday 15 year old shooting her first Springfield 1911.

springfield 1911 first time - YouTube

Your new toy looks awesome! I shoot a Mosin 7.62X54 when I want a fire party :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts