Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is in excellent condition and doesn't appear ri have any wear issoues. The stampings on the rear of the cam are FO5 and what appears to be a 2 or a Z, its faint. The other numbers opposite the center hole are 920489. I have scoured alot of resources and I can't even find anything that is of the same syntax. I pulled it out of a really good running 360, along with a performer intake and headers it ran great.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me here. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
Best bet is to take it to a cam grinding shop, and get them to checkout the specs on it.
If it's pretty old, you might want them to resurface the lobes, so you can then safely use it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: danv on 10/18/06 8:22pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
????? Resurface the lobes ????? Just buy a new cam and lifters !! its not worth the trouble !!

by the time you spend $$ having a shop check it and tell you the specs, ??? Resurface it ??? (WTF) You can buy a new one !!!! Its not some Rare 1920 Dusenburgh Cam.........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dfree383 on 10/18/06 9:57pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
On 2006-10-18 06:55, dfree383 wrote:
????? Resurface the lobes ????? Just buy a new cam and lifters !! its not worth the trouble !!

by the time you spend $$ having a shop check it and tell you the specs, ??? Resurface it ??? (WTF) You can buy a new one !!!! Its not some Rare 1920 Dusenburgh Cam.........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dfree383 on 10/18/06 9:57pm ]</font>
I only suggested that, in case the cam was some sort of factory rarity which could not be replaced.
Of course the best option is to go and buy a new one!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: danv on 10/19/06 6:16pm ]</font>

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not sure why the yonger generation is so against using anything old that's still in good shape. Bill I wish I could answer your question. I can't understand why people would bash you for asking the question. You're on the computer to post I'd figure you can visit summit and get new cam prices if that was your goal. I guess it just points out the guy thinking he is so smart about economics is a dumba##. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fefairlane on 10/20/06 10:56am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
I tried to get you info on that cam but I couldn't find anything...

Used is fine, but I'm not the new generation by any means...

But for the life of an engine and the reliability of the cam and getting new lifters to work with it without wiping a lobe, or even your old lifters, why chance it when a cam in it's self is not expensive enough to outweigh the possiblity of failure of a used one....?

FE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts