Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

have an interesting question. There will be a photo if i can figure that one out.

I have what appears to be the "build plate" but i do not have the normal door plate. I do not know what happened to it. It is the one for this car, VIN number matches the one above the heater core of the fire wall. I know what the VIN number means, and the BEIGE I assume is the color, or at least that is what it is now. The AC i get. But what is the rest of it? XL-Dual? She is an XL, whats the dual mean? dual exhaust maybe? RCM??? LG??? I cannot even begin to wonder what that one means. And for what it is worth i will also put a photo in of the car just before an alignment, no hubcaps.

As always, much thanks for information :tup:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Cracker, that's called a "buck tag" by most, and usually attached to the radiator support on most cars. Some of the little codes are model specific, but can be generic, like AC for Air Conditioning. XL-Dual is more likely dual sport XL mirrors, as there were probably three or four kinds of mirrors on that body type. You'll have to find someone with a production list of abbreviations, as the others may or not match the terms from a Marti report. For example, LG might (guessing here) mean the XL package Low-mount bumper Guards. The buck tag often has info the door plate does not.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.