Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While restoring my 1966 Galaxie, I had to figure out how to replace the woodgrain vinyl that runs along the bottom of the dash. I did a bunch of research on dealers and ended up getting 9 samples of walnut woodgrain vinyl.

Then I compared them all to the plastic-walnut woodgrain appliques that are on the instrument panel around the controls & ignition switch. I found a near perfect match. It is 3M DI NOC (best available) and is made for industrial applications such as buildings. Unfortunately the one I chose had to be imported from Japan.

From there I went to a specialty graphics shop that specializes race car decals, automotive graphic designs and even complete vinyl wraps for cars. I provided them with the trim pieces that run along the dashboard from end to end for both AC and non-AC cars. They made a template and then stamped out as many AC and non-AC sets as they could on the roll.

Attached are pics of what they look like. I'm asking for $40 each set which just covers my costs. I have 5 non-AC sets and 9 AC sets. PM me and tell me know which one you want. We can work out payment from there. Thanks, Roger

PS - get them now, once they're gone, they're gone!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
very nice..:tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts