Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was driving in the rain going to my dads office, when I spun out in the office parking lot and hit a damn satelite for a broadband company. It barely did any thing to the satelite, but the pole chopped the front of my car in 2. It pushed the bumper to the fan, trashed the radiator and condensor, both of my fenders and hood, the grill, headlight buckets, bent the **** out of both sides of the frame, and I head butted the window to make it complete. I don't believe that this all came from 15 mph. Thank god for seatbelts, it could have been my whole head that went through.

So, what do I do? I think I am going to put it in storage and go lease a stripper F150 until I can save enough money to get a straight car that needs drivetrain and interior. Does any one have a 66 shell car they want to sell?

What a crappy month- I get denied from med school, graduate w/out a job, move back in with the parents, and total my only possession worth more than a thousand bucks. I loved that car, it was my first, and now she's dead.
Sorry for going on so long, I just want to sit and cry for a day or two.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Bad deal.
Glad you're ok. Stripper coupes are relatively easy to come by so be patient and keep a keen eye out for one. Be sure to look out for those satellite poles, too

·
Registered
521 Posts
Well how did you spin out in the parking lot? I hope you werent srewin around.
Anyway dude Im glad your ok .That really sucks!
Bob

·
Registered
330 Posts
Glad to see you're okay. It must be a real kick in the ass to loose your car like that. Hope things turn out well for you and much luck to you.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Ok, I gonna prob. piss you off, so here goes.

If you love the car so much, FIX IT. It wasn't a concours car, It was your baby. You will love the car just as much and prob. more once you have fixed it. The car won't care if it has been wrecked and repaired and neither will you.

I know it looks bad now but, almost every thing is fixable. Start saving and fixing.

If you want to pay penance for wrecking the rod, buy a piece of **** civic and drive it till the Hotrod is done. I'm sure the import will help the motivational process.

Sometimes I need a kick in the ass to get back on track, So here is yours!

I wish you the best of luck fixing it and any help I can in the repairs.

James

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I agree with Jimmy.
The money your going to spend on the lease (min 1 year) AND save for a transplant, you could buy a lil import (reality check) and have your baby back,save on fuel then even sell the import maybe with a profit

But, here is an email addres for a 67 FB. The guy wants $3,000 for it. E mail him for more info and pix. [email protected]

There is NO substitution for Cubes
1954 Mercury Pick-up Blown 525 BBF

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blown54 on 5/20/02 12:56am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been thinking. I am going to be in med school in a year, so I really don't need a car payment. I am not getting rid of my car, but I don't think it is fixable. Besides all of the new panels, the entire radiator support is trashed and the frame on the right side is bent at about 20*, but it is in front of the shock tower. I don't know how to weld, and I don't even have a welder so it would be really expensive to fix it. It rolls straight so I could drive it, I just need a radiator and fan, and a big hammer to straighten a few things out.
My dad has power of attorney over his dad, who has altzheimers real bad, and he said he might loan me some of his money to buy a piece of **** until I get mine fixed, so that might be an option.
I am going to take some pics of the car and post them and you guys can tell me if I should try to fix it.
Thanks for the kick in the ass, I have been completely heartbroken for the last 2 days and I needed a pep talk.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You would be amazed at what can be fixed. Wrecked cars start looking a lot better when you pull all the flimsy replacable parts off. Take off the fenders, front grill, ect. and see how it looks. The core support is no big deal, the frame can be straightened.

Yea it's money, but I bet it will keep you entertained for a few months....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Your welcome. I'm glad it helped. I did say it was prob. fixable, not cheap.

Really most everything in the front is just bolt on.

Falcon is right, start tearing off the front end and inspect what is left. If you can, post some picks so we can see to help.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Sounds like a good time for a mustang II front end.We can rebuild it,make it better,stronger ,faster than it was before,The six million dollar car!And with a bionic big block
.Seriously sorry to hear about your car and I'm glad your ok,like the guys are saying once you strip off all the sheet metal things might not look so bad.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just ordered a radiator support, front cross member, and a right frond frame rail. I am going to finish hacking everything up and mock up the parts. I found a guy to spot weld everything for $150, then I will take it to a frame shop to see how I did. It was never very good at keeping an allignment anyway, so close is good enough for me until I can afford a full tube frame with a mustang II front end and a 460

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sweet. I'm glad things are rollin' for ya.

The guys are right. Luckily your damage is in front of the suspension and fairly easy to fix.

I'm not trying to harp but I noticed that you never mentioned insurance.......

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, that insurance thing... I had very good full coverage until a few weeks ago when my dad quit paying my bills because I graduated. I switched to minimum liability to save money. Funny how you pay thousands of dolaars of insurance and need it only after you drop it. Oh well.
Good news is I took it to a frame place out in the ghetto, and the guy said he would make it perfect, straighten my fender and inner fender, weld in the radiator support and cross member, straighten both of my strut rod braces and fix the dent in my crank pulley for $750 cash
Can't beat that

Thanks for talking me into fixing her yall

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That's sweet!!! It sounds like this guy is hooking you up. Keep us posted. I'd like to hear how it all comes out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts