It's built a little:
dove C heads ported
keith black flat tops .030 over
crower cam: intake lift 0.498 - exhaust lift 0.526
276-hdp "power compu-pro" hyd
intake 274 deg - exhaust 281 deg
manley roller rockers 1.73:1
edelbrock performer intake manifold
holley 3310? carb is on it now . . . don't know the cfm, but the dyno guy said it was burning WAY too much gas and my timing wasn't right. (310 hp 431 ft/lb torque at rear wheels through the C-6). The engine currently is at Jeff Cheney Performance for new rings and over all "freshening".

What say ye? what's a good carb for this and how many cfm?
I don't want to sacrifice power for economy.
Thanks, frommosquito infested Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
the 3310 is a vac sec 750 cfm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this is a good carb, or would I get better performance from a holley 750 double pumper? The guy that did my engine said a "demon 750 with vac secondaries" would be his recommendation . . . any ideas on that? btw: I've got a cousin that lives in new zealand. I don't buy anything but new zealand apples either, they're the best. Take care.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I don't want to sacrifice power for economy
Contact Patrick at http://www.pro-system.com

That's what I would do anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mstngjoe on 8/28/06 10:57am ]</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
The double pumper would be fine if your not concerned with economy, and honestly, with a 460, i dont think you are. I personally would reccommend a Vaccum secondary over mechanical considering that car is going to be street driven (I take it) and will be around 3500 pounds (Give or take)

how about a 0-82750 holley? (750 CFM High Performance, Vac secondary) If you need a choke, look elsewhere but a killer carb... maybe a 770 street avenger?

Your not going to go wrong with a Holley or a demon, The Double pumper is really designed for race motors, and i think you would be happier with something else...

my .02

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
On 2006-09-14 10:03, godspeed409 wrote:

how about a 0-82750 holley? (750 CFM High Performance, Vac secondary) If you need a choke, look elsewhere but a killer carb...
my .02
I agree about this carb.....it's a great off the shelf unit. Had it on my 331.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the good advise. I bought a new HOLLEY 750 CFM DOUBLE PUMPER W/ADJUSTABLE AIR BLEEDS HP - no choke and mechanical secondaries. Perhaps not ideal, but it's bound to be better than what was on it. Although I still have a small matter of getting the 466 installed
Now I'm wondering if I need to cut the stock 6 cyl motor mounts off the frame so the engine will sit lower - ??? Or remove the power steering hydraulic mechanism that passes under the engine just above the cross member (or whatever that's called). ??? Any comments on that? Thanks again folks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thats a nice carb, im jelous... can i highly reccommend picking up a Holley book if you dont have one...

Supertuning and Modifying Holley Carberators is an excellent book and well worth the $18 bucks. It will really help you tune that carb to perfection. Available at any barnes and noble... amazon, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement and the tip on the Supertuning and Modifying Holley Carburetors, I appreciate it very much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts