Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my first thread. I just inherited a 1962 ford galaxie from my brother and i have big plans for. ATM it has no engine or transmission, the interior is shot, the suspension sees fine, and i dont no about the brakes. The exterior however is in very nice condition. I am on summer now and i just sold my Deuce and Half and i have come into osme money and i am gonna start to do a rebuild on this car. will u guys please help me out. i relly have never done this before and im wondering where to start on thisbeautiful car. plz respomd

thanks,
MArk

·
Registered
386 Posts
look on the net at what is available to buy completed, it might be a whole lot easier to sell what you have and buy a completed car and just drive it and have some fun. Projects always take twice as long and cost 3 times as much as you thought...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You've got a fairly blank canvas, from a power train perspective, so you need to find a direction. You could start with a budget, and look for things to fit, or pick a performance and power target and make your budget match your goals. You can make any engine fit, small block, FE, or 385 series (429 - 460) big block. The easiest would probably to get an engine from the family that was originally in the car, along with the trans, but if you want a six speed manual and a new Coyote 5.0, that is all possible.

What do you want to do, and what do you want to spend?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Can you get some pics of what you are starting with to help us assess where you are with it right now? I am 3+ years into my 62 and I would be happy to help with info and advice with your project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts