Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to put in new motor mounts. im kinda confused when looking at the on sites like summit. i dont have the factory ones anymore so i dont remember what exactly they look like. but the pictures dont look like what i remember. i dont need the part that actually bolts the the crossmember. just the part that bolts to that and then the block. the car is a 69 gal with a 351w. can someone please throw me in the right direction?

·
Registered
751 Posts
i need to put in new motor mounts. im kinda confused when looking at the on sites like summit. i dont have the factory ones anymore so i dont remember what exactly they look like. but the pictures dont look like what i remember. i dont need the part that actually bolts the the crossmember. just the part that bolts to that and then the block. the car is a 69 gal with a 351w. can someone please throw me in the right direction?
RockAuto parts shows them in stock for $7.90 each plus shipping. Not sure if we can list url's or links -- but just punch it in your favorite search, then follow their nice online catalog. There's also a picture (which looks correct to my memory of those).

I'm sure maany other places online and in your neighborhood have or can get (ie; NAPA, Autozone, etc)

Norm

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RockAuto parts shows them in stock for $7.90 each plus shipping. Not sure if we can list url's or links -- but just punch it in your favorite search, then follow their nice online catalog. There's also a picture (which looks correct to my memory of those).

I'm sure maany other places online and in your neighborhood have or can get (ie; NAPA, Autozone, etc)

Norm
cool thank you

·
Registered
260 Posts
there are also the "muscle mounts" that will work if you're using a stock size front sump pan. as an fyi, if you try to use a canton pan, you will be doing a fair amount of fabrication to the mounts and x-member to make it fit.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am using a stock pan. but i would like to try and find mounts that either sit the motor up a tad higher or ill run spacers. the car is bagged and the oil pan is going to be REALLY close to the ground

·
Registered
260 Posts
i am using a stock pan. but i would like to try and find mounts that either sit the motor up a tad higher or ill run spacers. the car is bagged and the oil pan is going to be REALLY close to the ground
the muscle mounts will probably bring you up 1/4-1/2" . The rubber portion is a bit thicker and stiffer than stock mounts. I think a pair are 46 bucks of something. lakewood makes them . Link.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the muscle mounts will probably bring you up 1/4-1/2" . The rubber portion is a bit thicker and stiffer than stock mounts. I think a pair are 46 bucks of something. lakewood makes them . Link.

they dont seem to have any that will work on the galaxie. i ordered the ones in the link just to see if they would work. and they didnt. the mounting holes are in a different location.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do the left and right motor mount have the same part numbers? i got some today from rock auto. they are the exact same as each other but are not semetrical when i try to turn one around to stick on the other side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.