Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, mi name is Fernando.... i tried looking for a diy on resealing my cruise o matic on my 1964 galaxie.....can any one please point me in the right direction? i am a apprentice at a shop and have done a few trans replacements in the past....the problem is that we only work on european cars and i have never done a old ford trans....

thanks in advance

here is a picture of my car

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Fernando, it is a SIMPLE thing. Step 1: Remove transmission.

step 2: Pull trans pan

step 3: remove front converter seal

step 4: remove drive shaft or tail housing seal.

step 5: remove trans shift linkage

step 6: start replacing all the things you just removed. then put the tranny back where you got it :)

Good Luck! Great Pics! Looks like base housing. You military? Or buy the car from a military guy?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fernando, it is a SIMPLE thing. Step 1: Remove transmission.

step 2: Pull trans pan

step 3: remove front converter seal

step 4: remove drive shaft or tail housing seal.

step 5: remove trans shift linkage

step 6: start replacing all the things you just removed. then put the tranny back where you got it :)

Good Luck! Great Pics! Looks like base housing. You military? Or buy the car from a military guy?
Thanks..... By any chance do you know of any markings or casting numbers to make sure the kind of trans I have? Last thing I want to do is order the wrangle parts.....also any good places online to find parts for this car? The local part stores have nothing in stock...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pull the tranny take pics. If it's a C-6 then nearly any C-6 seal kit will fit it.

Same if it's an MX or FMX or Cruise-o-Matic each will have a different but very similar kit to seal it up.

Cast iron Case or all aluminum body trans?
i will put it on the lift tomorrow and let you know..... the shift selector on the steering column says cruise o matic

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
probably an MX. Hard parts are hard to find but seals, like FE says.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the replies and help guys.....i will take a look at it tomorrow and take some pics also to get your guys opinions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts