Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care for the wanted and for sale section. So here it is.

I need the following used but in good condition.

Tri-Y headers for 289.

Aluminum 4V intake for 289 (preferably a fomoco intake but edel or other is fine if in good condition)

4 speed Toploader (Or info on what tail-housing will work on 3 sped OD unit that allows toploader style shifter assy)

4 Original Steel 14" Mustang wheels 64-67 (matching please)

Thanks guy's, a PM is appreciated, or a direct e-mail through the FM link, or a post here. Whatever you like.

FE

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't care for the wanted and for sale section. So here it is.

I need the following used but in good condition.

Tri-Y headers for 289.

Aluminum 4V intake for 289 (preferably a fomoco intake but edel or other is fine if in good condition)

4 speed Toploader (Or info on what tail-housing will work on 3 sped OD unit that allows toploader style shifter assy)

4 Original Steel 14" Mustang wheels 64-67 (matching please)

Thanks guy's, a PM is appreciated, or a direct e-mail through the FM link, or a post here. Whatever you like.

FE
How do you like these wheels
400 takes them. GT center caps and all!
Call [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
The largest swap meet in the western US is in about a month, and it's about 2.5 hours from you. We can probably find what you need dirt cheap. Is that too long?

David

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ummm I don't think I have a pic of one but there is a factory aluminum hi rise that has 3 different stampings on them. One said Ford, Cobra, and Shelby if I am not mistaken. I had one in a parts lot I bought about 8 years ago and I sold it like it was gold! It went in like 5 hours to a local guy for $400! They are out there but rare. That would be the only one I know of.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found THREE top loaders today and paid $1100 for all 3! (according to e-bay prices I got three for one ;))

I got a RUG E2 for a 68 Cougar 289 (BUT IT HAS A 31 SPLINE OUTPUT shaft???)
I got an HEH AR for a 68 Fairlane 390 according to the toploader ID page by David Key.
and I got an un-tagged one supposedly right out of a 289 in a 65 mustang (correct 28 spline but has a 3 speed tail shaft on it of C40R casting on a C5AR case.

So I'd say I got quite the bargain :) The HEH tranny is unfortunately mated to a 40's Willy's Transfer Case with an adapter and a Chevy Cast Iron Bell Housing... Money in both items I'm sure then I can convert the modded 390 toploader back into a hefty toploader I can put in my next build :)

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
SCORE!!!
Swap meets are dangerous, aren't they? ;) On the other hand, they make some prices that folks throw around on the 'net look ridiculous.

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts