Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im glad our Torino friends have a section for themselves, but dont forget about what started the Torino, the FAIRLANE. Lets keep this going, or they might merge this one with the Torino page if it slows down to a few aweek.

Rick

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Dark, I haven't moved in yet. I don't think I have the inclination to do so. I was just busy on my projects.

I agree, the two could be merged in the near future. I hope not.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx bluetech, I knew I could count on you. lol. How's the car coming, any pictures yet?
Thanx

Rick

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry Rick, no pix yet! Still scrapping around for a cheap digital cam
Work on the car is going at a slow pace
Anyway, as soon as I'm done with the engine bay, I'll put in the engine. Hopefully, work will pick up coz I'll be able to move the car. I just hope the C4 is in good working condition

Regards and Good Luck!

Ed

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you wont gt, but its sure quiet here lately. Im busy working on my Cougar lately, and I frequent the Cougarnet for q's, the Cougar is so close to being ready for the motor, and assembly, and now the weather is getting good, the Fairlane is getting new skin soon too, and a new coat so Im excited. When it's done, I'll share pix.

Rick

·
Registered
334 Posts
I still check in a few times daily. I just have not had much to say. I asked this before. Who or how do you make those cool logos that Dark7068 and gttorinofan have?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fairlaniac, a guy named Linden J makes those, he does a free banner contest every once in awhile, ( asks ford history questions, or jokes, or ?) or does them for a fee. Check the garage, he made a post on banners, check for Linden J sig there.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Hey Rick - Ya can't get rid of me that easily. I check in every day, but there just hasn't been a lot going on. Probably see more as the weather starts getting better and we start using (breaking) our toys!

And guess what - the dome light bezel finally showed up today! I'm almost too scared to actually go out & install it for fear that after 6 months of waiting I ordered the wrong one.

Have a great Easter!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats great Shep, let me know how it fits. I need one to, but it will cost double getting one here (Canada sucks for customs and taxes) so I will just need to wait. I need a new headliner for the 68 so when I get the headliner, I'll get the light kit (base and lense).
Things are picking up weather wise, starting to strip all my pieces for the fairlane's new coat, getting excited, but its a toss up between the Cougar and Fairlane, so I spent equal time on both.

Rick

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congrats Shep. Be careful putting that thing on. Don't want to overtorque those screws. Hey Dark you must be getting stoked on the Cougar. Cranked up the GT today and took it for it's maiden voyage. Man that felt good. The roads are still full of winter stuff but I had to go. Cool watching heads turn to get a look at it.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, just thought I'd post another picture of the motor in my Fairlane. Check out the valve covers, pretty cool eh.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just can't help but mention this at the risk of being flamed
First of all, no offense meant to our "other" Torino brothers. I just hate it when someone walks over to my car and says "wow, nice Gran Torino". I quickly explain that a Gran Torino is different from a Fairlane Torino! Seems the same to them

Back in another site/forum, the Moderator(who is heavy into Fairlanes) was replaced by another who owns and drives a newer Torino. I don't know, but I just quit on visiting that forum
I think we just love company who "really" understands us. Understanding, to me, means owning and actually experiencing one.

Nothing wrong w/ the newer Torinos. After all, I'll take them anyday instead of a non-Ford/Mercury car. But we have our personal preferences. I just hope the Fairlane maintains its own Forum. Sorry if I have offended anyone. CHILL

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Every one calls my car a Torino, and think there's a 390 under the hood. I dont get many races, and I dont say otherwise, except that it's a FAIRLANE 500. I might be getting a 390 for the car this summer, someone wants to trade for some parts, if the motor is strong enough, I just might. But I'm going to need mounts, better rad, coils, etc. Is the 390 all cracked up like they say, I like my valve covers and they wont fit on a 390.
Everytime I think of a Grand Torino, I think of Starsky and Hutch.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe if I get the 390, I might try and shave off the Fairlane lettering ( the whole top) and craft them on a set of 390 covers. But I payed 250. Can. for the covers and I really like them and dont want to f*&k them up.

Rick

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't know about that Dark. Maybe you should save them for your next Fairlane.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts