Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
It seems like a fair price, (so far). Let the bidding wars begin!
Have yer bro pick it apart when he goes to look at it.

Again, you have to deal with the ebay bidding crap now.

Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks like a fun project... I would be concerned about the lack of title... You might want to do some checking there. Every state I've lived in requires a title...

My only other advice would be to hold off on bidding as long as possible to avoid run-up on price... I'm not sure how that strategy works for e-bay, but it works well at regular auctions.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Pay close attention to the engine compartment, where the shock towers and aprons meet, also the dr. side frame rail under the upper control arm. It usually gets full of dirt and crap and the drain holes get plugged and rot there, same as pass. side but not as bad. Rear frame rail by the shackles, both sides, and the torgue boxes. All those pieces are avail. aftermarket so if your set on getting it and some of those are going or gone, you can get replacement parts for them. Good luck, let us know if you get it.

Rick

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you guys think about the "mysterious 351 Cleveland" in it? Also, ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO HAVE MY BROTHERS LOOK AT? ANYTHING AT ALL!!! THANKS A LOT!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would check the engine closely. That car did not come with a Cleveland. It was a vailable with a 351 but not a Cleveland. A California car should be free from serious rot,but don't pay anything extra for this being a "rare" 351 Cleveland. I would check that engine closely to see that it is not a 351M ready for Marine use as an anchor.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dad and bro said it is one hell of a project, that I would not finish in this lifetime. No Go on it...ohh well
Thanks for the responses!

Jeff Given

1 - 8 of 8 Posts