Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. I am re-writing a lot of things on this website, such as the forums and am currently working on the your cars section... I want to make this the best website out there.. So thats where you guys come in. What do you think our website needs, mainly forums, to stand out from the rest? If there is a feature, whatever it may be on some other site that you would like on fordmuscle.com, please let me know! Keep in mind that we shoulnd't be totally copying other websites out there. It is okay to use their ideas and make them better! So please, let me know what you think!

66stang

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know I'm biased here,but I would like to see a separate FE forum. I'm new to all this stuff and I know I need all the help I can get.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
If possible I would like to see a feature that would make it easier to post pics from our computers or other websites like some forums have.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Yeah, what he said. As much as I appreciate Dark's efforts, (and others), I like being able to upload pics right from my computer, rather than have to ask someone else to do it/host it. (again, appreciate all the previous help, no doubt!!!!!)..

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2001-12-22 22:47, gttorinofan wrote:
I know I'm biased here,but I would like to see a separate FE forum. I'm new to all this stuff and I know I need all the help I can get.
Well, i'll make sure 67stang sees this request. I gotta get permission from him before I can add forums, but I don't see why not!

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2001-12-22 23:04, GTHO4 wrote:
If possible I would like to see a feature that would make it easier to post pics from our computers or other websites like some forums have.
We are working on a new yourcars section which will allow people to upload pictures of their cars.. I have seen from the posts of many that struggle to posting pictures.. Thanks to Dark 7068 for helping. But I do think it would be a bit easier as you said to just have our forums pop up a window of your hard drive contents, and auto upload a picture... I will ask 67stang about this too.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Well I personally I am not really into segregating forums. If there is an FE forums, why not a 385 series, and why not a windsor, and 4cyl... get my point.

Logically I cant do one without doing others... and I think people gain more when they read about all the tech out there. Most of it is common to everthing.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
The uploading pics is a great idea as photpoint is unreliable and i think D.T said they may have gone out of business???
My next idea is one which i think will get a lot of support and that is being able to post articles from older magazines that are of interest.To be more specific i have some c4 articles i have scanned and have been sharing by email with the guys on this site but it would be cool for everyone to see them.(Sorry dark7068 but i didn't forget yours but it wouldn't send for some reason.) 89COUPE has some c4 info/articles also that would be of interest too and i have some excellent tips/articles that TimR has shared with me. .
The c4 auto seems to have a lot of followers .Perhaps we could email them to you for publication similar to the c4/c10story in the archives that i posted some time ago or maybe add to that section.Just so as not to get in trouble with copyright we should say where they came from.There was a 460 site a while ago that had a lot of engine articles from various mags and it made for interesting reading.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I sent a picture of fairlaneron's 69 Fairlane about 3 weeks ago to be added in "YOURCARS" and isnt on there yet. He is bugging me about it, any ideas about when it will be posted there.

Thanx

Rick

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am currently working on a yourcars area.. But you won't have to wait for us to put pics up, it will happen right away.. Should be done this weekend...

66stang

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't know about this but it is just a sugestion, would a chat room be handy for you guys or would it be possible?? Just a thought. I don't know much about how these sites work

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Just thought of something else. Is there any way to make the notification process of "YOU"VE got a private message any bigger/more obvious? I've had a message from Chilly since saturday, and just now, (as in sunday), noticed it. Just stumbled upon it accidentally, by chance. Any kind of red warning, or popup, or something to alert us dumb old farts that there's something there? Just wondering........... also, like the idea of a chat room.

·
Programmer
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are a few ways i've seen private messages work. I've seen it play a sound when you load the main index.. Also, vbulletin pops up a window to show you the PM. Maybe the later would be best, as a lot of people wonder why our site is playing sounds..

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Yeah, I never have the speakers on when I'm doing the web stuff anyway. Leave that for the games!!!!!!! Have a good one...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts